Hello fellow Model Railroads a guy from another era

AmericanAirFan

Hey I decided to join the forums to enhance my knowledge about model railroading I am 15 and I am wayyy more knowledgable about Aviation then trains but I surprisingly have racked up tons of HO trains since I was 11 and I have a treasured Bachman Spectrum 3 truck shay and I am a big fan of Logging trains espescially one up in the Santa Cruz mountains at Roaring camp where they have a heisler and 2 and 3 truck shays and I think a Climax. My other hobbies are Aviation and Planespotting (aviation photography)

-AmericanAirFan

MilesWestern

Indeed Russ. So you know the difference between a Lockheed P-38J abd a P-38M, but not the difference between an Alco RS-2 ad an RSC-2, I see. I was HEAVILY into avation, but now focus on the trains. (PM me if you the answers to the two questions) Great to have another Avation biuff on thesite, as well as a logger! :) Welcome to the Gauge American Air Fan! :wave:

Jim Krause

Hi American air: We have a lot of interests in common. I too am the proud owner of a couple of Bachman shays. One with DCC and sound and one without. Haven't had a chance to operate the sound equipped one yet since our club layout here doesn't have the DCC system operating during the summer months.
Like you, I have a very strong interest in avaition. I was able to spend nearly 40 years in the avaition business and made it a hobby and profession.

Herc Driver

Welcome AmericanAirFan...

As my screen name implies - I fly the mighty Herc (long-time USAF pilot) as well as a civilian business jet (and a former airline guy). Glad to see another plane-nut here too...there is a ton of great information here on trains. You can spend days just getting caught up with all the information but it's well worth it. Plus, the people who post and visit are first rate...if you have a question, you've found the right place for answers.