Hello everyone

farmer ron

Jan 18, 2002
B.C., canada
Visit site
I would just like to say hellow to everyone, I just found this fourm by accident a week ago, enjoy it imensely so I reqistered. It is nice to see Canadian content, unfortunately most of the pictures that are posted on this site I can not bring up for some odd reason. I have sent a message to "the guage" inquiring as to why and they say some of the pictures are "pulled" by the origionator. Anyway still enjoy the site. The wife and I are now thinking seriously of purchasing a digital camera for both of us to use. So soon you may see some railroad shots of my own. Near where I live there is lots of rear rr action (CP & CN use the west bound CN tracks here for westbound runs to Vancouver BC, also two miles south is Souther RR (formely BC Hydro), a few miles west is the north/south commection between Mission BC and Sumas, Wash, USA. and connections with Southern and BN. So lots of action around this part of the world. Also have a small home layout ( 10 ft X 6 ft with a small extention) partly done, of course they are never done are they? Look forward in talking with you folks in the near future. Enjoy. Ron, Abbotsford, B.C., canada.....

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
Wow! It does sound like you live in an exciting place for RR action. I live in a virtual RR desert. There's a Union Pacific mainline nearby with a spur into town, but the spur is only used by one business. There is a lot of old RR history, though, which I enjoy digging up.

Get that camera and show us your layout! :)

-Rory

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Hi Ron and welcome. I know the area around Abbotsford quite well as my son and family live in Mission. I also have a friend in Abbotsford, Dave Inman who has an N gauge layout and a garden G scale layout.
One of the reasons many pictures don't show up is they were hosted by website called Zing that closed down. I will have to go through my pictures again and repost them as I have found another site called Fotango to host them.

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Welcome to the gauge, Farmer Ron!
Always look forward to seeing more oictures here!
That's one thing that makes this site so great!

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Hi Farmer ron??? are you realy a farmer???
I have my best mate out your way lives in Surry any where near you???

Welcome to the gauge, are you modeling anything yet???

Love to see some pics of the real stuff around you.
Cheers.
Chris.:) :) :p

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Welcome Farmer Ron! Nice to have another Canadian onboard. You'll find that the people here are very friendly and knowlegable. BTW, go ahead and get that digital camera - you won't regret it! I just got one myself this weekend and am having the time of my life! One word of advice though - you can never have too many memory cards and batteries.

Cheers
:D Val