Hello everyone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Stephenb, Nov 26, 2011.

1. drifthappens

drifthappens New Member

and the ship in the bottle (sorry for double post, didnt realize there was 2 pages, lol)
  2. Stephenb

Stephenb Card Meddler

Thanks! The ship in a bottle was fun because it was different to build, and the outhouse reminded me of a wedding reception I attended years ago.
    Apparently, the father-in-law decided that with everything and everybody all dressed up, there had to be an outhouse as well. It was quite strange.
  3. drifthappens

drifthappens New Member

haha. nothing wrong with that. I've made a "real" ship in the bottle before, definitely very trying on the patience.
  4. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Is that a clock yur building? It looks very similar to one I made. it worked. not great, but I was young and it was paper. i always wanted to try one again. If you get on with it, could you post some pics, and maybe where you got it from. I have seen some but I built mine in the pre-internet days and the bookstore had one, never got another one, and back then, if you messed up a part, it was real work to make another one. At one point, towards the end of it's life, it today perfect time, twice a day! LOL :)
  5. Stephenb

Stephenb Card Meddler

This paper version is very easy to build, Nothing like the real thing, but still fun to build.
  6. Stephenb

Stephenb Card Meddler

I'm sorry but I don't know where this came from as it was a gift, however, These pics might help. Unfortunately Between the wife, kids, work, house repair, and everything else that takes up my time, I don't get to build as much as I'd like, so my building is always slow. (Perfect time twice a day--That's funny!), :mrgreen:

Attached Files:

7. drifthappens

drifthappens New Member

That clock certainly is interesting.

thanks for the heads up about the ship in the bottle, I may search for it one of these days and do it.
  8. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Not the one I had. Nice clock though. I have seen this one around. I have never seen the one I had again. I did not have a clock face, and to be honest, the book you have looks way better.
  9. Axiel

Axiel New Member

Do you think it might have been this book? L'horloge de papier Believe this is also the Peace Tower clock.

Stan
  10. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Don't think so, but thank for looking, and posting! :)