Hello / Bachmann's New GE 44 Tonner

jon-monon

I was jest thinkin some folks might not know what series wired motors look like, so I made a drawin'. If you don't klnow which is + and which is - jest guess. If it runs the wrong way compared to other engines, you were wrong. Or I was wrong :D :D :D

Attachments

• seriesmot.gif
    seriesmot.gif
    2.8 KB · Views: 105
And, if it blows up and sets the old homestead on fire, you'll know not to do what Jon tells you... I bet he was like my big brother when we were kids ("No really, if you jump off the roof and flap your arms, you'll fly..." "What, no I haven't tried it myself, but it works on paper and I wanted YOU to have the honor of being first...").:D :p :rolleyes: :eek:

Actually, this IS the correct way, but I couldn't let a cheap shot go wasted...:D

Tom F

jon-monon

NO, NO, NO Tom, you don't flap yer arms like a bird. That's silly and you'll break yer neck! Now here, use this pillow case as a parachute and you'll float gently as a feather to the ground. And don't give me that bad theory stuff, cuz if it don't work, I'll catch you. :D :D :D

I'm in! Give me the pillowcase...
Now remember, I'm a wee bit bigger now (6'4" 275 pounds). That ain't gonna' be a problem when it comes to catching me, is it...:p

YEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Look ma, I flyin.......................... THUMP!:eek:

Yeah, that's pretty much how it went the last time too. BTW, you and my brother share a common name. Coincidence? I think not... :D

Tom F

jon-monon

275 lbs, eh? Erm, uh that's a misprint on my location. Should be uh, Cobblers knob Illinois, no Iowa. :D :D :D I bet Big Brother Jon mellowed out proportioanlly to your size, too...

jon-monon

Originally posted by jon-monon
My 44 has both motor burned up. Not worth $20 to return it when you can get a new old one for $25ish. But tonight I ripped apart a gandy dancer to use as a power truck in my *new* Mack 15 tonner :D ;) :p :) :cool: and I noticed thew motor/worm looks like it might be the same. Anyone know if it is?

On a sad note, as I butchered the gandy, two plastic people have been, erm, um what's the modern term, displaced?:eek:

Quoting myself, wonder if that means sumpthin.

I had my 15T apart today adding some weight, and verified, yes, visually the motor/worm assy. on the 44T and the gandy appear identical. Believe it or not, I managed to cram 6 #2 split shots in that baby.

Looking back at that quot, two weeks ago, I actually felt sorry for those little plastic bas@#$%s! I guess in HO scal, that was a long time ago :D :D :D

HO Time? Oh yeah, that whole size/relativity thing... Great now we have to deal with scale time as well. So, if my little HO switcher guys are working a shift, how long in REAL time before they die on the clock? Anyone have the formula to calculate this? With all the layoffs recently (the six gandy dancer dudes), I can't afford any more problems with the HO union...:p

Tom F

jon-monon

Tom, you can't take any crap off the HO Union, go after the boss with an eye dropper and some acetone, threaten to get a cat, wave the magnifying glass around; whatever it takes. Tell him just to cook the books and fill in the hours over 16 on a day off or pay 'em under the table. Remember: plastic people are expendable. Why do you think green army men are plastic? We gotta make our fortune before OSHA gets invented and DOT gets outa hand on regs.

Speaking of cats, one of the gandy dancer dudes turned up missing yesterday. All sorts of wild theories abound around the layout (from aliens to a jealous little plastic husband) but I personally think it's the cat. He barfed up his breakfast and now he won't look me in the eye. I have taken advantage of the situation and not admitted I know nothing of what transpired. The other gandy dancer dudes were out there first thing this morning washing the windows on the locos in the ready line.
Nothing like the thought of getting eaten by a 200 foot tall kitty to put a "work ethic" fire in your shorts...:D :p

Tom F

jon-monon

LOL! Reminds me of when we discovered the neighbors dawg liked crayons. Yep. All 64. And you wouldn't berlieve the technicolor turd he made! :D :D :D Here fido...

jon-monon

Originally posted by kettlestack
Dan, That's a great tip! Thanks.
I'll refit the removed motor on mine and rewire it. I'm now looking forward to having a real gem of a 44 tonner (not that it was all that bad running on one motor).

Thanks again.

Errol

Just wondering Errol, did you ever try this on your old 44 tonner?

Jon, Once again I'm paying the price for "tidying up" my train room!! I'm damned if I can find the motor I removed from the 44 tonner :eek: :mad:

Tomorrow I'll start giving the plastic gandy dancers the third degree, I bet it was they who shipped it to Charlie's scrap merchant!!! I shoulda recognised the load on that flat car!!

By the way, if your neighbor's dawg is trained properly it can do tartan pooh poohs :D

Errol

jon-monon

Yep, I know the feeling, got those little monkeys hiding stuff from me all the time... you can get replacement motors from bach if you need one. Not the worlds most reliable motor and it wouldn't hurt to have a spare if you buy one then find the old one. Running the two in series should reduce failure rate big time.