Hello, another Atlas Orphan

Glen Haasdyk

Hi, I was both a member of Atlas and The Gauge, so it didn't take much of a decision where I was going to end up when Atlas called it quits.
Dog, The Sunday Photo fun is a good Idea, to everyone else, what will we do with the signal tower challenge? Want to post here instead, or wait for atlas to fire back up? :wave:

atsfman

Well, it is good to find some familiar "faces" from Atlas here as we trek through the desert of forums looking for a home.

Bob

sprink

Hi guys!!!
I'd be honored to kick off SPF. The SPF was originally started by Eddie Landreth. He got side tracked so I jumped in to take it over. I really like the thread. It generates a lot of good will amongst us. PLUS, I am totally hooked on Bar Mills building kits. I'll be spreading the joy of laser cut wood kits in the next installment of SPF.Hey Bob, Any chance we can see some of the magic you've built. I'd love to see your garden railroad.

atsfman

Hey Spink:
garden railroad under some reconstruction, will try to get photos when done. The website has all the photos for the HO layout.

Bob

shaygetz

Welcome, welcome fellows, pizza's here, have a sit and tell us 'bout this here SPF thingie....

Attachments

• gauge3 (2).JPG
    gauge3 (2).JPG
    59 KB · Views: 112

Jon Grant

Sunday Photo Fun - a weekly thread for Forumites to post pics of what they have been modelling lately, comment on what others have modelled, and post pics of scale 12"-foot trains. Often runs into Monday or Tuesday and is always accompanied by bagels, donuts, coffee, etc, ;) . Great fun.

Jon

petey

Chicago Belt

Hello Jon,
Like your billboard! :thumb:
I was born and raised in Chicago, have you been there?

By the way, I know the implication of Sussex, Essex, Wessex, Northex(??? Ha). What does Sunderland mean?

Denis

Custodial crewman for a whole bunch of FF railroads.:)

shaygetz

Jon Grant said:
Often runs into Monday or Tuesday and is always accompanied by bagels, donuts, coffee, etc, ;) . Great fun.
Jon

Being 6'2', 265 lbs., I am very interested in bagels, donuts and such. When do ya start shippin' 'em out? :rolleyes: ;)

Jon Grant

Belt and bagels

Denis,

Sunderland (sundered land) is a city just south of Newcastle in the ancient kingdom of Northumbria. It once boasted the longest single span iron railway bridge in the world (for about a year, until someone built a bigger one somewhere else).

getimage.aspx

Unfortunately I havent been to the USA (yet) but the first few videos I saw on American Railroads were about BN's Racetrack and Blue Island - I was hooked on Chicago. My embryonic layout is called Sweethome (as in 'Sweethome Chicago'), which gives a clue as to why I also model stuff in Alabama(?)

Jon

Jon Grant

shaygetz said:
Being 6'2', 265 lbs., I am very interested in bagels, donuts and such. When do ya start shippin' 'em out? :rolleyes: ;)
Sprink starts cooking on Saturday evenings ready for Sunday morning, but you have to watch him, cos his clock sometimes works on Australian time, so Sunday Photo Fun can start on Saturday evening.;)

Jon

RioGrande

Hi,

I thought I'd come on over and see what happened to the other Refugee's - I used a different username than Atlas but you can probably guess who this is.

RioGrande

Thanks!

I may be new here, but I had a post count of well over 5100 over at Atlas... I'll probably lose all that if they "upgrade" to new software. Oh well, cest la vie!

DougF

Hello everyone. Another Atlas refugee here.

I've been down for about a month and was suprised at no Atlas forum. It seems things were getting nasty a lot of the time and I was replying to less of the questions because of it.

Doug

shaygetz

Welcome to The Gauge, Doug. :wave: With so many refugees coming on board, B&MCR.R. management delegated some serious horsepower to bring you all in. No need to worry, all the nasties get to meet our "moderators", Hyram and Billy Joe Ray Bob :eek: .

Attachments

• club5 (3).jpg
    club5 (3).jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 155

hocaboose

looks like lots of ATLAS people here (me included-although I did sign up here a while ago.). Hopefully we can all learn a thing or two from the Guage people-like how to not fight amongst ourselves, how not to get banned etc.

Pete

rockislandnut

shaygetz, sure glad you changed that photo :rolleyes: That dad blamed new LED headlight on that good looking "Cab Forward" was giving me a headache.:cry: :D , NAW just kiddin', next time I'll look the other way ;)

Also I'm one of those Atlas refugees and even if they return I'll not be going back. :curse:

shaygetz

rockislandnut said:
shaygetz, sure glad you changed that photo :rolleyes: That dad blamed new LED headlight on that good looking "Cab Forward" was giving me a headache.:cry: :D , NAW just kiddin', next time I'll look the other way ;)

Just for that....Welcome to The Gauge, Rock :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Attachments

• club4 (4).jpg
    club4 (4).jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 92