Hello All

ray22

Just wanted to stop in and say hello, I have been lurking around the site a few days now and have completely enjoyed it. I am just getting back into the hobby after some 20 years away. You know how it is job, kids, life etc, but after just going through open heart surgery and being told by everyone from my doctors to my wife that I need to get back involved with a hobby the first and only thing that came to mind was model railroading. A lot has changed in the past few years but there seem to be the same great people modeling. I hope to be chating with everyone soon, and look forward to relearning about this great hobby.

Ray

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
:wave:Hi Ray!!!

Welcome to the Gauge!!

Glad to hear you are okay from the surgery and that you are getting back into the wonderful world of MRR :mrgreen: And you even had other people telling you that you needed to get back into it, thats like a free excuse to spend some money on MRR stuff :mrgreen: sign1

Anyways, what scale or scales do you model in? Got any particular roadnames you like or model after? Time period you want your layout to be set in? Fill in the details, were all a big bunch of friendly guys and girls and we love to see and here from new members.

Glad you could join us :thumb: :mrgreen:

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Hi Ray and Welcome Aboard!!! Like Josh said.. Glad everything worked out for you and you're back into this great hobby... :D

welcome

Hi Ray. Like your avatar. Sorry to hear about youre having heart surgery, but happy you came thru it OK. Been there, done that, and it was no fun. I have also traveled that rough road.
This is a good hobby to relax with. Just don't get upset if things don't go right. These guys here, amongst them, have all the answers. Believe me.

Lynn

ray22

Thanks for the warm welcome, I use to model in HO gauge but am thinking of going in N gauge this time. I grew up about three blocks from the old MKT (KATY) yard in Houston and I was thinking of doing a layout of that yard and line. I know it maybe a bit hard to find information on but I have some old photo's that may with the details, also I am planning the time frame to be late 50's thru 60's era.