Hello all,

Haggis

Hi there,

I am new to this forum, so i thought i would say high.

I live in Scotland, and am just about to move into my new house, which has a large attic set aside for a On30 railroad.

I am fairly new to On30, but a club i have joined has a layout they take to shows. So i have rolling stock from that.

I was wandering if anyone can help me, with some website, that might sell dock area buildings.

Hopefully when i get started i can post the layout on this board and get some help with track plans and things.

Cheers for taking the time to read this.

Regards

Alan

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Haggis said:
...I live in Scotland...
Howdy Alan! Welcome to the Gauge! Whereabouts in Scotland might that be? I'm a MacDonald and miss the homeland something terrible! As near as we can determine we are from the Isle of Sky and were definitely part of the Glencoe MacDonald fiasco as well. By the way, I'm into N scale but have always fancied the narrow gauge lines. Good luck with your new house and I look forward to seeing pictures of progress as your new layout takes shape!
Scotland shall rise again!!

Haggis

Thank you for the replys and web link, i shall have a look.

I am from just outside Edinburgh, Roslin, which has a famous Chapel that is in the Di Vinca Code (Spelling), But i normally just say Edinburgh. I have Macdonalds in my family also from my fathers side. So we might be related you never know.

As for the layout..

I hope you don't mind, but i am gonna post it on here and get all your thoughts on it and see how i can get the maximum out of it.

Have many of you got layout outs?

If so what you model? And do you have Websites.

Look forward to hearing from you soon

Alan

Pooh Bah
Hi Alan. My mother came from Leith. I'll check Roslin on the map after I log off.
I'm modelling British Railways (official description: British railways 1829-1959), and we call the layout Perth and Exeter. I treat that several ways: an alternative to the nationalization --the Big One; a small local railway with ambitions; a line across southern Ontario (ye dinnae hae the only Perth, ye ken).
Perth and Exeter are the towns over here that my wife and I grew up in.

Haggis

Very nice, and liked the Scottish bit also!!!

I have some OO Loco's myself, got them just cause i liked them. I had guess a wee bit about you modeling over there, as Perth to Exeter would be a very different line in deed. You would have to model the forth rail bridge, which i would love to see done.

I have family living in leith, and work just off it.

Roslin is just south of Edinburgh, near Peniuck and Loanhead. Hope you found it on the map

interurban

Welcome aboard Alan, I am xpat from SUNNY Manchester ( stop laughing)

A lot of Brits use the Attic, I had a look at mine in Canada years ago, and found out why we do NOT use the attic here brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. sign1

Haggis

Hello,

I can only image, i know scotland is cold most of the year, but no where near as cold as canada.

Nice meeting you chris

Regards

Alan

Pooh Bah
I was reading some memoirs by Eugene Forsey, a Canadian parliamentary expert, on his time at Oxford. He nearly froze to death -- they kept the windows open and had small fires. they said "but you're from Canada" and he replied "I'm from Ottawa, and this is 300 miles farther north then I've ever been!" We're about the same latitude as Florence, and the south coast of France.

interurban

David I think you`ll agree that it is a different cold in the UK, Damp is the word.
But when she blows cold here, well brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Says it all:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Haggis

Very,

Well i am now into the new house, and i have scouted out the attic for the new layout.

Its 18 long feet by 10 wide feet, with another 3 feet in the width each side which are behind the roof supports. I will post a room layout and gets some idea's from people, if they are willing.

Cheers

Alan