Hello all you On30 people

Discussion in 'On30 Forum' started by obikonopa, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Jim Krause

Jim Krause Active Member

Haggis: Welcome aboard. Did you get the use of the loft in writing? Sometimes those statements go by the wayside if the space looks like it would make a good sewing room or could be used for some other feminine purpose.
  2. Haggis

Haggis New Member

hehehe,

Nope i have it in fear, not writing.

She is scared of ladders and does not like being in attics, so i will be keeping the ladder there, and putting a rubber spider next to the hatch just encase she tries it.

Got so say she has been very good about it all, plus we have a spare bedroom for all other things like sewing and such.
  3. obikonopa

obikonopa New Member

Hello Haggis,

You wouldn't by chance be from Scotland would you? Just curious because of the name that's all.

Not to scare you but when my wife and I bought our house she told me that I could have our "friggebord" = (guest house or garden house: very small house in our garden)... anyway, it's still not mine:) . Not that I can complain....yet. I have been working like a dog, renovating our house so our garden house is totally filled to the ceiling with everything imaginable. I keep getting the feeling that my wife wants to turn it into a real guest room though... Maybe if I keep buying my trains & track she will figure that I've spent to much money not to have some place to set it up...... I hope.

by the way... did you get your New House and more important.... the loft?

have a great day, Obikonopa
  4. kozmo

kozmo New Member

Hello,
    On30 newbie here.
    I have been in N scale and HO since 1976. Mostly N scale. also some old metal Lionel from my Pops that is pretty much only used "under the Christmas Tree"
    I'm looking at buying (very soon) a Bachmann 2-8-0 (love the look) and a Bachmann Climax.
    I'm interested in if On30 will work as an outdoor/garden railroad. as in what track would be best, etc.
    Otherwise, I have an extra room in the basement.
    I also want to use Tsunami sound and DCC.
    I'm hoping to use one DCC system for all scales, adding power boosters for the larger scales.
  5. fsm1000

fsm1000 Member

Been at this off and on since about 1965. I recently got into On30 hmmm about ten years ago kind of. I started making structures but no layout then.
    If you are new to model railroading I have a tutorial on my website, all frre by the way, that I am trying to put together from planning to end result. I am at the track laying and hand made turnouts section now.
    Give it a look see. I hope it helps.
    http://fsm1000.googlepages.com