Hello again!

gman_93643

Oct 30, 2017
Hi all, used to be a member here years and years ago, but I can't seem to recall my credentials used back then. Life forced me to step away for a bit due to an illness, but I am back again to participate. My chosen medium is building with aluminum cans and I have been building with them for well over 20+ years now. Perhaps once I start posting some of the old timers will remember my work. Thanks so much for the hospitality thus far!

Reactions: zathros

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Hello N Green,

welcome back to the forum! :)

It's great to see that you have chosen to rejoin the forum. Alu cans is a very interesting topic and I can imagine you will garner some attention here. I love your SR-71 you showed in another thread and I have noticed that you have used an alu can plane as your avatar - very cool! :)

I'd love to see a tutorial on how you make these things - but one step at a time. Just take a look around, make yourself comfortable with the forum controls (I'm sure much has changed since your last visit) and don't hesitate to ask if you have a question.

Have fun and enjoy! :)

RF

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Hello N Green,

Welcome back to Zealot. I am glad to have you back. As you may have seen, we now have an OTHER materials section (which includes metal). So by all means, please post pics of your work. If you can please post a build thread. I have to echo @Revell-Fan in wanting to see a tutorial on how to make these model. Your SR-71 looks GREAT! I would like to see more of it.

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice, please feel free to ask and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction.

Once again, welcome back. I look forward to seeing more of your work!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
It's truly a pleasure to have you back. Having spent a large part as my life as a machinist, I really enjoy your metal creations. I'm glad your doing better too. While nobody is getting out of this alive, there's no reason not to have fun along the way. ALso, if your chosen medium is Metal, we may have to make a subsection for that. Seems like a good idea to me. :)

gman_93643

Oct 30, 2017
Just an FYI, I changed my username with the assistance of forum admins since I mistakenly used my first name instead of my chosen username. My new username here on the forum will now be gman_93643. Thanks!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Sound unmemorable to me but I'll take it. You could have used Tin Can Man or something like that. Never to late, and we accommodate. Hey, I'm a poet and did even know it. ;)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
WOW! Never thought this to be possible. Anyway, the heart counts, not the name.:)

gman_93643

Oct 30, 2017
Sound unmemorable to me but I'll take it. You could have used Tin Can Man or something like that. Never to late, and we accommodate. Hey, I'm a poet and did even know it. ;)

I think I had one like that years ago, but the wife got jealous! :rolllaughing:

Got to make it seem like I think about something other than just cans most of the time, right?! ;)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Yo, I chose "Revell"-Fan which is somewhat limiting, too (I'd better have called myself "Galactican", which I did on other forums ;) ) . :D :)