Hello again! My Delta Warp ship from ''Enterprise''

mcusanelli

Feb 26, 2008
Hey Guys!
It's been a while since I posted anything...trying to stay in business has been a seven day a week effort, but I'm slowly trying to find time again for my modeling. Here are a few shots of the Delta Warp ship from Jaybat's website.
The only modifications I made were the layered details and the nacelle caps, which were heat formed with clear plastic, over balsa wood patterns. The model was sealled with a couple of coats of Krylon triple thick clearcoat....but I decided to try some Johnsons'' Future'' over that -I brushed several coats, and it deepened the colors and gave nice metalic look - one of the few times my experiments didn't end in disaster! Hope you like it! I'll try to post some more models later this weekend.
Mike Cusanelli

Attachments

• IMGP9742.jpg
    IMGP9742.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMGP9747.jpg
    IMGP9747.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMGP9745.jpg
    IMGP9745.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 40

mcusanelli

Feb 26, 2008
Thanks Millenium! It was a really easy model to build, and many thanks to Jaybats for this one. The only reason I replaced the bussards and ''tail cones'' was that after two ttempts to build the kit supplied parts, I just couldn't get them to look right...oh, another thing I did was to stuff the hull full of tissues to give it strength and support - there are no internal frames, and I didn't want to accidentally crush it ....that's happened more than once- it gave it weight and strength, too.
Mike

paulhbell

Sep 23, 2009
Nice build and good additions. Jaybats has some really good models.

Good idea using tissues for support, I put my offcuts inside most of my builds, adds a bit of strength and less trips to the trash bin.

Vahmp

Oct 20, 2008
São Paulo, S.P., Brasil
A realy kool build there mcusanlli!

What scale is she?
And would you know what the numbers are to reduce her to 1/2500 scale?

All my Star Trek ships are at that scale, and I'd like to add her to the shipyard.

mcusanelli

Feb 26, 2008
I really don't know the scale....it's the size it downloads and prints on my computer...I'm pretty technologically challenged - it's 10'' long by 9'' across, hope that helps. I printed one out at two pagwes per sheet, and it looks even better smaller, so one day I'll give it a go......gonna have to get stronger glasses first:cry:

Vahmp

Oct 20, 2008
São Paulo, S.P., Brasil
Well I went lookin for dimentions for that ship on the net.
Not much to find, but then I remembered I had a ships comparison chart, wich this ship is in.
May not be official but, from the comparison of it, and the 1701 Ent (TOS), it's pretty dead on (so I belive, and I'll go with it).
In that chart, the Delta Warp ship is 144 meters long.
So I ran the number thru a scale converter here.
If you say your PModel is 10 inches long, and the chart says it's 144m long, your model would be in the of 1/567. (funky offset scale, but that's what the converter says)

Now I wonder what the numbers are to convert 1/567 into 1/2500 scale in photoshop.

Can anyone help me out here?
What would be the percentage I would need to reduce Jaybat's file pages to get the scale I want?

Greenman

Nov 12, 2008
Salt Lake City,Utah.
Reduction to 1/2500 scale

Great model! I love the look the spray coats added.

To Vahmp- try 22.6%. 144 meters is the same as 473.32 feet or 5667.84 inches. That divided by 2500 scale would make the ship 2.26 inches long That should bring a 10" model down to 2.26" length. 2.26 is 22.6% of 10. I think that should work.

I'd like to build this ship myself. I hope you post pictures of how it turns out. I like to builds smaller scales, too.

Vahmp

Oct 20, 2008
São Paulo, S.P., Brasil
Thanks Greenman!!!!:thumb:
I really apreciate it!:thumb::thumb:

I wish I could easily do that math conversion as you do.sign1
Because, I've other papermodels I want to convert to 1 of my 2 favorite scales (the only ones I work with, 1/72 and 1/2500). But I'm very bad in math.:cry:

Anyways... THANKS AGAIN MAN!!!!!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb::p

And Yes, As soon as I build it, I'll post it on the forum!:thumb: