HellBoy Bust WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cgutzmer

Butt kicker is ready ;) I need one sometimes too :) good luck with the move!
Chris

We'll let you slide w/ the moveing deal !!! HA HA

But Their a size 14 sneaker w/ your butt writen all over it if you slack too long !!!
Ha ha !!

Good luck w/ the move

Red

ceta build

I woulod like to take part in the ceta build for your Hell boy:wave:.
also how is the neckbrace going for the cylon helment.:mrgreen:
doo you have any pictures yet.

BazookaJo

I woulod like to take part in the ceta build for your Hell boy:wave:.
also how is the neckbrace going for the cylon helment.:mrgreen:
doo you have any pictures yet.

Hi Red - good to hear from you.

Funny you should mention the neckbrace - it was actually a little more elaborate than I had originally envisaged (the action figures I originally had for reference were way off).

BUT I've been hacking away at some cardboard using some of the ref. photos you sent, and doing some posing in the mirror with my helmet on :rolleyes: and I reckon I've got something that should do the job.

Sooo, I've got the Beta plans and will try a build over the next week. But as I've said before, don't be afraid to prod me if I don't move for a while :mrgreen:

Regards

Paul.

Red

I Want I Want

Now Im Realy dying to build these two Models!!!!
the wait is Killing me.:killer:

Master-Bruce

Hey Paul,

Anything new on Hellboy?? I'm sure there are many of us waiting to see more of him.

I found these at a friends website, this is a resin kit I think. Painted by Rick of Dragonstooth Minitures. Thought they may come in handy for your texture map??
hellboy2.jpg

hellboy1.jpg

Stev0

wow ... hard to tell where Ron Perlman begins and Hellboy ends on that bust.

Great reference though for texturing.

BazookaJo

Sorry guys - just moved and nowhere to model or work as yet - don't even have a phone or email facility yet (just popped into work).

Managed to finish of the Ceta kit of the Cylon Neck Brace for Red before the move, so the good news is that it's now Hellboy all the way :mrgreen:

I also have the basic texture for the kit, so I should soon be up and running with something to show and will get to work as soon as I can.

Regards

Paul.

Master-Bruce

That's great news Paul!! Did the pics I posted help any? This kit even inspired me to start a Wolverine bust. Thanks buddy, people like you keep giving me ideas and stopping me from finishing my projects!! LOL. :)

BazookaJo

That's great news Paul!! Did the pics I posted help any? This kit even inspired me to start a Wolverine bust. Thanks buddy, people like you keep giving me ideas and stopping me from finishing my projects!! LOL. :)

Hi Skupilkinson

The pics are great, but what I'm going to try to make the whole bust look as if it's made from the same material as the Hellboy movie hand i.e. all Red stone, with the plaque in a combination of white and bright red - this may look cr@p however som I may use those pics yet :mrgreen:

I'm also thinking about spaying the whole thing (except the plaque) in some of that plasticote stone effect paint with a final coat of red.

As for the Wolverine bust I spotted it on Thursday but didn't have time to post - I'm on my way.....

BazookaJo

Need help with texture - Any photoshop gurus?

Hi guys - been Mega-busy with the new house, but have started to grab a few hours here and there.

Have given up the idea of applying the texture post Pepakura as way too complicated for me seeing as I won't be really sure what I want to do till I get it in my hands as it were.

Anyway, I knocked up this snippet of Hell-stone texture from a few close-up shots of the hellboy arm, but done as much 'tiling' as I think I can get away with.

Anyone got any suggestions as how to create something similar from scratch using photoshop filters or something - I need at least 4 times the surface area I reckon.

Fingers crossed.

Paul.

HellTextureXSmall2.jpg

Master-Bruce

It looks cool! Though I'm not sure how get the surface area up, could you not knock up more of it yourself? Add to the existing one here?

You could copy and paste the existing tile, using the mirror and flip functions? See if that'd do it?

BazookaJo

It looks cool! Though I'm not sure how get the surface area up, could you not knock up more of it yourself? Add to the existing one here?

You could copy and paste the existing tile, using the mirror and flip functions? See if that'd do it?

Hi Skip

I used that technique to get the peice you see, so when I do it again it becomes very obvious that that's what I'm doing :(

Maybe I just need to get a bit more creative with some rotating/scaling etc.

If no-one get back with any other suggestions, it might be the way I need to go.

Regards

Paul.

Master-Bruce

True. When someone looks at the tile, they'll see it's repetative. Though when it's applied to the mesh as a texture, it may not seem so obvious? How big will the bust model be?

The bigger, then the more obvious. The smaler then it shouldn't seem so apparent I'm guessing.

I'd try it, then try to blend in the sems so that there are no sharp contrasts of colour or cracks that don't line up properly.

That's what I'd try anyway. :)

BazookaJo

True. When someone looks at the tile, they'll see it's repetative. Though when it's applied to the mesh as a texture, it may not seem so obvious? How big will the bust model be?

The bigger, then the more obvious. The smaler then it shouldn't seem so apparent I'm guessing.

I'd try it, then try to blend in the sems so that there are no sharp contrasts of colour or cracks that don't line up properly.

That's what I'd try anyway. :)

Sounds like I'll have to bite the bullet and keep fiddling - Might just get away with it.

As for size, it will be as large as the largest peice will allow, which I think will be the top of the base i.e. I will scale this part as large as an A4/Letter sheet will allow, and the rest will follow.

A rough guestimate is around 11"/12" in height.

We shall see.

Best Regards

Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.