HECHT/"PIKE".. 1/25 GPM kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

charliec

Rick Thomson said:
So Austrailia has no future then...

Sorry my smartarse side just couldn't pass that one up. ;-)

With the government we've had for the last decade you could say that.

Regards,

Charlie

J

Jim Nunn

eatcrow2 said:
Plus a perk is that the ammonia will give you a quick wake-up if your starting to nod off at the workbench..;-)

Peter isn’t telling us all of his “uses” for future. He got me to start using the stuff.

Hi, my name is Jim. . . . .

Jim Nunn

eatcrow2

main hull

Jim Nunn said:
Peter isn’t telling us all of his “uses” for future. He got me to start using the stuff.

Hi, my name is Jim. . . . .

Jim Nunn

Hello Jim..
You mean my "A spoonful a day keeps the doctor away"..;-)

Here are two photos showing the main hull, and the rivet detail on the front that I did with dots of white glue..

239825600.jpg

239825568.jpg

S

shrike

charliec said:
Certainly seems to - Oz is a Future-free zone - but I can buy Krylon.

Regards,

Charlie

Aussie political commentary aside - Look for Johnson's Kleer. Same stuff, different name for different markets

cjwalas

Coming along nicely, Peter. The rivets are a nice touch. Have you encountered any real problems with the kit so far?
Chris

eatcrow2

cjwalas said:
Coming along nicely, Peter. The rivets are a nice touch. Have you encountered any real problems with the kit so far?
Chris

Thanks Chris..

No problems so far that are not of my own doing (the norm for me).. Fit has been excellent, though some of the formers for the pieces that make up the stern/rudder had to be trimmed.. But I'd rather shave something down to fit, then build up to fit..

eatcrow2

propeller screw/conning tower

Working on some of the finishing bits.. Added the propeller screw, but didn't like the yellow color of the card.. so painted it with "brass". Also did my first try at making a canopy out of plastic scrap, as I wanted a better look then the paper one.. Took the end of an "eyedropper" and stuck it on the end of a pen.. heated up a bit of plastic over the stove.. when it started to droop, I pulled it over the dropper.. The plastic was old and had yellowed, so I dipped it in "Future".. wicked off the excess.. let it dry. Was surprised at how nice and clear it came out.. The eyedropper was the only thing I could find lying about that seem to be the right shape and size.. Whatever works is my motto...;-)

Propeller..
240548510.jpg

Conning tower...
240548554.jpg

Canopy and my ace canopy form on a pen..;-) (still needs a bit if trimming)..
240548593.jpg

Clashster

Looks great, Peter! Nice job with the canopy! (canopies have scared me so much, I have gone to armor!). Thanks for the thread on an interesting subject.

Chris

eatcrow2

cjwalas said:
I'm sure the clear canopy will make all the difference! Is there any interior at all?
Chris

Chris...

No interior at all.. What I'm going to do, is just darken underneath the canopy to give the idea of an opening going below decks..

eatcrow2

conning tower/dive planes

Nice to have an afternoon with no one bugging me..;-) I've added the conning tower.. periscope.. dive planes, and other fiddly bits to the main hull..

conning tower and other hull add ons..
240672494.jpg

periscope..
240672763.jpg

forward dive planes..
240672881.jpg

stern dive planes..
240673055.jpg

eatcrow2

Finished!!!!!!!!!!

Well the lads at the shipyard worked overtime today, and we manage to get this thing done.. A few very light coats of "Future" to seal the colors, and blend everything in.. Mounted the torpedo, and then up on the cradle.. Looks good to me..

This was a fun kit to do, that went together without any problems.. Any mistakes made, are mine alone...

240721254.jpg

240721305.jpg

240721317.jpg

240721333.jpg

Amazyah

Beautiful job, Peter!
Excellent workmanship, I can't spot any mistakes at all, if indeed there are any!

How do you apply the Future?

Russell

cjwalas

Really looks great, Peter. Very cool model. Your efforts have sold me on this one and I'll have to order one. Thanks for sharing the journey with us!
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.