Heather Valley Railroad

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Hi Andy, Another thing you can do to keep the pic from being too large is to convert it to Webformat.

Most photo or scanner editing programs will do this for you. Click on Image in the toolbar and then click Convert to Webformat. This reduces the pic to 640x480 which is standard size.

Here's your pic in Webformat. Hope this helped

Attachments

• layout.jpg
    layout.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 369

alkcnw

Apr 10, 2002
camp douglas Wis.
Visit site
Thanks Vic, I'll have to remember that next time. The layout is HO, the section on the left is 5' by 8' and stands 2' off the wall so you can get all around it. Its about 90% finished and trains are running. the section on the right is2' by 8' by 3' and is against the wall in an L setup. this part is under construction. The bench work is in and the foam board,just starting on the backdrops. this section is a car and engine service facility. The 2' by 3' part of the L will have a turntable on it!! Thanks again for your help, I'm better modeling than with computers! In fact I bought this for the kids and they showed me how to get in here. GREAT KIDS-- GREAT SITE:eek:

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Hang in there and keep trying Andy! I'm a near Luddite myself but hope to get a scanner some time in the near future. I'm relying on other people's experimental posts to show me how to use the dern thing! :)
Best of luck!
Ralph

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Don't give up Andy,
I just cropped the access and re-sized it for you.

Shamus

Attachments

• liz yard.jpg
    liz yard.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 249

alkcnw

Apr 10, 2002
camp douglas Wis.
Visit site
Thanks Shamus, I did every thing Vic told me to do last time and I still screwed it up. If I would of had a hammer on this desk here last night there would be a big pile of smoking circuts right now. I also said I was going to give up on coming back here, but here I am!! I don't know if theres a way to get rid of the oversized post but I wish someone would, seems to take up half the internet. Now back to the layout, I straightend out some of the curvy sections, seems to make a little more room also at the bottom end of the L I added the Diamond Scale turntable I recently bought off the BUY & SELL section. Sorry again for being such a pain, if you get to tired of it just ban me from posting. You guys are great!!!!!:eek:

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Hi Andy, Don't give up on the computer:) I cuss mine several times a day weather it needs it or not:D :D :D They're just like a "bad child". If I thought it would do any good I'd send it to bed without its supper:eek: :D :D :D