Headed Toward the Mill...

A string of loaded disconnects headed by an On30 0-4-2 Porter is crossing Millers Creek. (The photographer slipped on the hillside and missed getting the little lokie in the shot... :eek: :rolleyes: :D )

Attachments

• porterdisconnects8.jpg
    porterdisconnects8.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 132
  • porterdisconnects8.jpg
    porterdisconnects8.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 132

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Great shot Casey!
Looks like that little porter is really earnin' her keep there!:) :cool:

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Yeah!

Fantastic shot Casey! And that camera angle sure makes it all look real! Tell that photographer next time to wear his hiking boots. He's lucky he didn't slip all the way down into that dry gulch!

cheers
Val

Thanks, folks. :)

It is strange, however, how much bigger those logs got. When I cut the trunk they came from out of a flower bed earlier in the spring, it didn't look that large. :D Must be the scale or somethin'.... :D :D :D

Val, the photographer would be lucky if it were a dry gulch below. Them's the ragin' waters of Millers Creek below. He most like would've drownded hisself and ruint the whole day fer his missus. :D :D :D

Actually, I took this photo as a personal shot for my own "collection." Rusty Stumps sent me a couple of disconnects and the B-mann On30 Porter to photograph for him. He's planning to use some of the photos in ads for his disconnects sometime this fall. So after I shot what I thought he wanted, I did some "playing around" for myself. ;)

Originally posted by Tyson Rayles
Mike is that Porter an 0-4-0 or 0-4-2? How well does it run at prototypical speeds and across turnouts?

Tyson, it's an 0-4-2. I can't tell you about how it runs because I didn't fire it up. I thought about it, but I already had my Shay and the worktrain on the same section of track. Being the lazy sot that I am (and not having DCC!), I did not remove the other train or try to start the Porter. :rolleyes: