Hawker Typhoon

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by PanPanek, Jun 16, 2006.

1. PanPanek

PanPanek New Member

Hello. I’m beginning next report. I chose the modell from „Maly Modelarz”: Hawker Typhoon. Modell has 13 years. Paper and print are bad. But I hope this modell will be good. :-D
    Photos:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. PanPanek

PanPanek New Member

Paper isn't bad, but thought it is! Photos:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  3. PanPanek

PanPanek New Member

Hello. I've thrown out a Hawker Typhoon. I could end this modell, but I made a strange mistake and Hawker wasn't pretty for me. I very sorry.
    Please delete this subject
  4. rickstef

rickstef Guest

I am going to keep this here

If you can, could you explain what you did wrong, and why you ended up throwing it out?

Rick
  5. PanPanek

PanPanek New Member

So, I made a stain from glue on model. I wanted to camp this stain, and I dirt a model with this same glue. Is was stupid idea, wasn't it? And, when I began stick the wings, I made a small hole. And I repeat: I could end this modell, but if I see something isn't good, I don't want to end this. Few years ago, when I began adventure with paper modells I made modells with a lot of stains, break paper etc. At this time it isn't good for me and to show it on international forums, like this. Thank you and very, very sorry.
  6. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Mistakes are part of the process, any of us who now wants to build the Typhoon can learn from the mistakes, and be careful that they do not repeat what happened before.

Please do not feel ashamed that the model didn't turn out ok, We all have had bad times with models.
    I still post pictures of my models, even when the errors are in plain sight.
    And I have not been laughed at once by anyone

Rick
  7. PanPanek

PanPanek New Member

Good words. For me it's a very bad, because in this year is the second model throwed out. However, in this six months, I made two other models, and I'm very happy from the results. I have not been laughed at once by anyone too. forum-users here and in Poland are very nice and helpful.

PS. Sory that I made very gramatic mistakes (my Engllish isn't good), but this real lection of English is super, because training makes the master, in life and in modelling too. ;)
  8. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Yeah........... you should see some of the stuff I bugger up! Do-Do happens.

Jump back on that horse and start riding him again! I'm always interested in MM models cause they are easy to get and relatively inexpensive. Plus this IS one that I'd like to do.

Ain't nobody here going to criticize your work. Honest. :grin:

john
  9. PanPanek

PanPanek New Member

In this situation I coudn't replacement. After building, this model wasn't super for me. And Bowdenja: critic is the most important thing for me! I hope that Maly Modelarz will repeat this model with super paper and print. And my next question: How do you> Americans, buy polish models? By post? By polish family? I'm happy that our models is famous all over the world.
  10. 46rob

46rob Member

There are folks here aand Canada that sell them on line....I find some on ebay....once in a while, my brother has to travel to Poland on business...lots of ways.
  11. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Yeah ebay for me too! And there are places to buy that will ship you the model. Hey when you have a habit you do whatever you have to fill it.

Critique of a build is good...... I agree. Just to criticize someone is not.

Lord knows some of my builds are laughable and no one has said anything!:grin:

Just keep swimming........swimming......swimming

john
  12. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

The best idea I could offer to you is perhaps scan the model first and build a 'vanilla' version and when you feel comfortable with your work you can then build the actual model.

Next time, if you mess up a model, don't throw it out but continue on with it (unless it's completely ruined where you cannot finish).

Remember. A botched model can be an excellent diorama of a crashed plane or even a blown up tank.
  13. PanPanek

PanPanek New Member

Yeah, good diorama, but model was in scale 1:33 and tanks is rarely in 1:25 (Of course I can print models). I don't want to build 'vanilia' model (in Polish it's called raw model) because time what I used to build it I can spend by build the next model.