Having it both ways

rhtastro

As promised earlier, I've altered my layout to run trains in both directions at the same time on the same or different tracks. No problem with Marklin digital. No crashes yet either. :eek: In the pic, notice that the small logging train has just escaped the high speed Chief whizzing by on the main line with throttle wide open. Great sound too. bob :cool::cool::wave::wave:

Attachments

• 5702.jpg
    5702.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 11

steamhead

It's always fun to have at least 2 trains running at the same time..Makes for very entertaining operations..!! :thumb:
What version of Marklin digital are you using..?

rhtastro

I'm using the latest version of Marklin digital with the 60212 double control unit. I can directly control 2 locos at the same time and have several more running using the system. The 6021 digital control unit is effective also. Some of the locos have the latest MFX decoder and others use the previous version. The MFX uses a feedback system from the loco to the controller. All have full sound and other functions except the 2 converted locos, the Heisler and GP35, which only get lighting and speed control from the central unit. They were converted using an older type of decoder and the smaller one really doesn't have room for a speaker or sound circuit. I find that running 3 to 5 trains at the same time is no problem as long I watch the switches carefully. They can run in either direction on any track using as many locos as you can handle at one time. I really love the sound these make. Steam engines sound like steam engines and the diesels sound like their prototypes. Even the horns or whistles have that great sound. When the Big Boy or the Mike get up to speed the sound is awesome. I can't imagine running these models without sound anymore. It adds another dimension to the hobby and puts it on another level altogether. When I click off the sound it's only the wheels on the track and the gears and whine in the locos that are audible. That doesn't do it anymore. I've never enjoyed this hobby before as much as I do now using this latest Marklin system. I really think it's hard to beat for workmanship and reliability and the models themselves are beautiful. :wave::wave:bob

steamhead

I've read reviews of this unit...Just about everyone agrees it's the most advanced control system on the market today..Seems like you're having a ball with it..!!

rhtastro

Gus, you're right. I can't believe how good this system is compared to what I had before. It can do almost anything but fly. By the way, a lot of the Marklin stuff can be used on DCC and is sold under the Trix label. Some is at half price right now. I've taken advandage and loaded up on Marklin myself. bob