Have You Ever......

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
...Done this?
I went to my LHS this afternoon to pick up some plastic strips, sheets and decals.Well the owner there always offers a cup a coffee, which I never refuse. First, I started checking out his new delivery of Athearn Ethanol cars. He hadn't even cracked one open yet, so him and I opend one up and were checking it out(Those that model modern era...A must get!). We then started talking about a Linen Mill down the road from him(He runs his LHS out of his basement), his Mom had worked there when he was a kid(I lived there twenty years ago after they converted it into apartments). After about a half hour telling him the ghost stories(No .....Really....The palce was haunted.)Finished my cup of joe, grabbed my goodies, said good bye, and started on my way back home. Halfway home, I realized....I FORGOT TO PAY HIM!!!:eek:ops: :eek:ops:
Had to turn around and go back(Good excuse...Spent a little more money). We were so caught up in talking....He forgot that I hadn't paid him!:eek:ops:
Talk about embarrasament.

65GASSER

Jun 12, 2006
Malvern, AR
I've done it, not at the hobby shop but I've done the exact same thing. I know where your coming from though. I spend about an extra hour talking with the owner. Mostly about the layout we may be building through the middle of the store, but I always walk out and remember something I forgot to pick up. Every time!

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
No, but I don't have that nice kind of first name basis relationship witha hobby shop owner that would lead me into long conversation that would make me forget to pay! :) I think that's kind of cool.
Ralph

65GASSER

Jun 12, 2006
Malvern, AR
It helps if its not a chain. I go there about once a week if not just to talk. I don't know anyone else in the hobby so its cool to get to hang out for a bit. It would be embarassing to walk out forgetting to pay for something though! sign1

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I have a tendency to leave my bank card behind at the hobby shop. The owner knows it's mine and he just tucks it away for the next day when my wife's senile husband comes in to get it!