Has anyone ever made a themed railroad?

Elite Lancer

Nov 9, 2005
All these themes look pretty good.

I wonder if anyone ever made a military themed railroad. I know where you can get lots of good military models and I've seen several military train and car models before too. I remember one was a boxcar that opened up to reveal hidden turrets to blast away at enemies (which I doubt have ever been used before in history for surprise attacks except maybe in civil wars).

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
I remember one was a boxcar that opened up to reveal hidden turrets to blast away at enemies (which I doubt have ever been used before in history for surprise attacks except maybe in civil wars).[/quote]

the Germans in WW1 used a flat car with Heavy artillary mounted on it to shell the bejesus out of the French... the gun was called, " BIG BERTHER"

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
The Soviet and German armies had armored cars with tank turrents and anit aircraft guns plus machien guns mounted on them during WWII that were added to trains so they could bring replacements and supplies right to the front during heavy fighting (in the movie Enemy At the Gates they show a armored car with T34 turrets mounted and another with anit aircraft). They also have very large cannons and morters mounted on flats for bombardment. The North Koreans mounted anit aircraft weapons on trains while they were advancing on Puson (spell) during the opening days of the Korean war. At some post in the US Army as late as 91 the Army had thier own switch engines for railhead operations (Ft Knox had a couple).