Has anyone ever made a themed railroad?

Elite Lancer

Nov 9, 2005
By themed I don't mean based on something in real life. I mean something like a train set where all the building and trees were candy or like a sci-fi theme. You know, stuff like that. Fictional. Anyways has anyone ever made or seen something like that?

I know that if I could I'd make a sci-fi one where it's all futuristic looking. :thumb:

Papa Bear

Dec 28, 2003
South Alabama
www.route29.com
Bob, is this the one you were talking about?
attachment.php

I build Christmas Railroad during the holidays. I know alot of people does, hoe I got all the way! When I lived in Wisconsin, I added LED light Christmas trees to the layout. Children making snowmen. On my snow covered mountain, I added skiiers. I even sprinkled snow on the trains. Go to www.geocities.com/RockIslandLine2000 and click on "Andy's Models " to take a peek:thumb:

Andy:thumb:

Knighthawk

Feb 1, 2006
viperman said:
Not long ago someone on here was posting asking for ideas for his next layout which was going to be a spooky/halloween theme

That would be me guys.:wave: Been so busy though that I'm still at the benchwork stage.:cry:

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Model Railroader magazine, years ago, had a few articles about creative, out of the ordinary themed layouts including one on the moon and another that was all about moving large sattelite dishes around in the desert by rail...might have been for the search for extra-terrestrial life project.... These musings were fun and helped get people to think outside of the box. I wondered if anyone every built one...judgeing by the creativity shown here I'll bet some one somewhere did!
Ralph

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
brakie said:
I heard of a guy building a display layout based on Thomas The Tank and Sodor Island.This will be a 4x8' layout.:D
Have you ever watched any of the Thomas the Tank Engine videos? Some of the scenes are very detailed and pretty neat! My 4 year old has quite a few of the videos and so I have seen a few of them a time or two! :D :D I would love to see some of the sets. I bet the people that got to build it had an absolute blast!