Handley Page Night Bomber O/400

Bob43

Model Designer Extrodinaire Cornerstone Member
Bob43 submitted a new resource:

Handley Page Night Bomber O/400 - 1:72 scale. 6/2008

photo1_hanpage-jpg.131912

The Handley Page Type O was an early bomber aircraft used by Britain during WWI. At the time, it was the largest aircraft that had been built in the UK and one of the largest in the world. It was built in two major versions, the Handley Page O/100and nO/400.
The machine depicted, no. 62447, is one of the first of locally assembled machines, fitted with Liberty engines, and named 'Langley'. It was used by Billy Mitchell to show that bombers could destroy warships.

Last edited:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
An aircraft that has it's place in history permanently etched out! Great job Bob! I can't imagine how many Admirals must have hated that bomber! :)

Bob43

Model Designer Extrodinaire Cornerstone Member
Thanks, John.
I'm starting on converting all my models (incl the Handley Page) to 1:144 scaling, with as little reduction in detail as possible. My exhibition space at home is running out, so the only possibility, is 1:144 . I'm fed up with destroying so many of my models for space reasons! The 1:72 Martin Mars is next on the list of destruction.
Greetings,
Bob

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Donate it! To a Library, or an airport F.B.O., maybe a Boys Scout Troop, I would imagine anyone would take it! :)