handlaid crossover

SuperChiefRules

Dec 2, 2006
here are some pics of a crossover my dad just made. it took him awhile, but I think you guys will enjoy the end result:

All n scale code 55 btw, Fast Tracks was used, and it is about 18 real inches long!

DSCF0080.jpg

DSCF0079.jpg

Enjoy!

baldwinjl

Apr 30, 2005
I'm the dad. Don't start with a double crossover, that's for sure. And even though this looks pretty good, the next one, if I was to do it would be better. I learn something new every time. I figure that this was the effort of 6 or 7 turnouts, with all of the frogs required for the crossing. And with everything all in one place it doesn't leave much room for the soldering iron, a finger, or much of anything else. I hope it works as good as it looks. A single truck pushed through by hand feels ok, but????????

soat204

Oct 25, 2006
Iowa
Boy for N-scale that must have taken some time an real craftsmeship. Awsome job, I hope the rest of the layout looks as good as a single crossover..lol

baldwinjl

Apr 30, 2005
60103 said:
Just for us nosey ones, how many jigs did it take to make that crossover?

It is one jig, but you use it twice, and then hook the two ends together. There is also a tool for making the switch frog points and another for the crossover points (all eight of them!)

Jeff