Han Solo's Blaster UHU02

gwk38

Jun 30, 2008
Uhu02 makes the best models i have seen out there. I have built 2 and are working #3. C3p0 the time mach.(vary vary nice) and am tring black perl. all most had iron man done and pop exploded on him. wold like to do iron man agin some day. built r2d2 from sf papercraft gallary dont know how desiner is but a vary cool model. like the star destroyer being done now. looking forwerd to doing the protius and vally forge. saw that Uhu02 may redo ironman like the time mach. think it would be cool if he did war mach. the enterprise Uhu02 help on is next on my biuld list now.

zsander

Apr 26, 2010
Hint: Don't papercraft with tissue. Also, WoW papercraft = good. Try Building Frostmourne. Time-consuming, but nice look. Just remember to start from the hilt down or you're screwed. I also like Hellboy's Samaritan. Complex but neat. Especially the rotating cylinder and getting the shells to fit. Speaking of cylinders, there's Deckard's Blade Runner pistol, too. The one I'm looking forward to is the 40K Boltgun. Once I upsize it from half- to full-size. Now if only I could find a papercraft chainsword...Or a papercraft boltpistol

sjsquirrel

Feb 9, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
stevebondy.ca
Wtf

And, I might add, this method of qualifying to download a model is ridiculous.

At the risk of sounding harsh, I feel I have to climb up on my soapbox and point out that the reasoning behind such a condition is to discourage the trolls and pirates of the world that are simply zooming around looking for free stuff, and to encourage serious members that want to participate in the forums in a meaningful way.

You could contact one of the administrators - Ekuth being the main guy at the moment - and ask if he can do anything for you, rather than simply spew out a useless string of meaningless posts that have little or no bearing on the topic of the thread.

Some useful ways of quickly accumulating posts is to introduce yourself in the introductions forum, and add posts to your introduction thread showing things you've built in the past. You could post a build thread of whatever you are making at the moment. You could answer a question posted by another member, or ask a question of your own about how another modeler achieved some particular effect.

You get the drift?

Steve

Elliott

Jul 18, 2006
Thank you gentlemen (sjsquirrel and Thunderchild). Regarding gwk38 and zsander - your posts have been consolidated and your post count reset accordingly.

corypoole

May 2, 2010
I agree that the restriction is a little too tight. You are going to lose some people that would participate by making it difficult. I've only been a papercrafter for a while, and really am more of the type that wants to listen and learn before posting stuff up.

WharDemon

Apr 28, 2010
TX
Much thanks to UHU02 for another amazing piece for us all to toy with, although I gotta pick up some ink before I can think about starting a new kit.

I was wondering if anyone who's started it has thought about making the scope viewable instead of the sight being blacked out. I don't think it would be much extra work to mod it and I it would add a nice bit of detail to an already amazing kit.

Millenniumfalsehood

Mar 17, 2007
Ark City, Kansas
I agree that the restriction is a little too tight. You are going to lose some people that would participate by making it difficult. I've only been a papercrafter for a while, and really am more of the type that wants to listen and learn before posting stuff up.

Da rulz is da rulz. They're there for a specific purpose: to make it more difficult for pirates to download our hard work and profit from it. I've made some models which I've donated to this site, and let me tell you, I'd stop it in a heartbeat if I thought I was being taken advantage of.

It may be an inconvenience, and yes we will lose some of the more impatient modelers out there, but it's something the designers here, myself included, feel is acceptable to protect our intellectual property. I hope you understand, dude.

oriod01

Nov 16, 2009
Restrictions here are light

Something else to consider here is that the '10 post' restriction is actually a very small thing to require considering some of the restrictions out there. Some forums require very obscure, undefined ways of earning points, which then have to be converted into different types of points, which then can be used to 'purchase' models. Some designers only offer a part of their models for a short period of time, in which you must build that part in the allotted time and submit pics, then you will be sent the remaining part(s). I personally find this to be ridiculous, as if you join this hobby after the period, you just miss out. Then there are the Korean designers and forums who don't offer their work (not even for sale) to anyone who isn't Korean.

Those things considered, the restrictions here are absolutely no big deal. You couldn't find an easier forum or a more friendly one. :mrgreen: