Mar 20, 2008
Schkeuditz, Germany

Attachments

• 8073560423_05869f136e_b.jpg
    8073560423_05869f136e_b.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 77
Z

Zathros

Geez, I wouldn't even know where to start, after looking at your build pics, I', astonished. I had trouble doing flight plans for simple airport to airport hops, for VFR joy rides!! (No problem flying the plane and getting to where I was going) but the paper work, meh. Your diorama is awesome. You don't see this kind of work that much these days. :)

Hi-Torque

Mar 20, 2008
Schkeuditz, Germany
Hi Zathros,

Thank you for your kind words! But as an aircraft mechanic I know very well your pain regarding paperwork!

Also, if I understand correctly, Alles Gute zum Geburtstag!

I will begin a new report on another large scale diorama soon.

Kind Regards,

Cris

Z

Zathros

Being an aircraft mechanic is very intensive. I worked as an apprentice on aircraft on the side. I worked as a machinist in the aerospace industry for many years. I got to fly for free because of that. I also ran the F.B.O. on the weekends so I had a lot of power there. I'll never forget a guy with a Beechcraft Baron who insisted on refueling his aircraft, he had just purchased it. I was shocked when I saw him walk away from the plane while it was refueling. He accidentally (ignorantly) tore the fuel tank bladder. Inside, I laughed at his arrogance. Outside, I grounded his aircraft and prevented him from taking off. My friend (the owner of the place) made a nice profit on of that mistake! I am sure you have a quite a few similar stories. :)

warren61

Oct 23, 2012
Virginia
Very nice diorama Cris!I enjoy hearing any stories regarding airport operations being the aviation fan that I am.

Cheers,
Douglas

Rogerio Silva

Nov 9, 2012
Rio de Janeiro - BRAZIL !!!
Whaaaaaaaat????

Hi-Torque

Are you saying that this is a card model? In a diorama? REALLY? Isn't it a picture of the Hamburger Hafen?
Man, that's unbelievably fantastic work! You should post a thread showing how you did all that, with lots of pics, of course.
Congrats on such an amazing work! I'm very impressed! :thumb: :thumb: :cool: :cool: