Halo Warthog

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by SEBRET, Jul 31, 2008.

1. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

See if these guys will make you one....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL9Y7EyCEx4
  2. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

3. Kjev

Kjev Member

Aw geeze and now I'm supposed to go to bed and sleep after seeing that?

Holy Smurfs!!! I think I want that for my new hunting truck. Especially with the tribarrel machine gun in the back!

I'd love to know how they made that thing.

K'Jev
    :shock:
  4. jgderuvo

jgderuvo Member

Well, as soon as you get it right and ready, I'd love to build it.
  5. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

hopefully it won't be too long. I'm just trying to finish all my other stuff before i start anything new.
  6. Kjev

Kjev Member

Hmmmm. . . . Even though I know less than ZIP about 3d modeling, I have a hunch the paper version would get done sooner than the real thing if I did it.

But the MG, oh man would that be fun for tailgaters!!
  7. jgderuvo

jgderuvo Member

Sebret, is this done yet? Inquiring minds are looking forward to it.
    Thanks!

8. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Guess you guys haven't seen the movie the Warthog in that video was made for. :)
  9. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Movie?!?!?! What movie????
  10. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

11. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

Hey guys, I'm back. It's been a while, but I will try to get back on this as soon as I can. The preview for the movie is awesome.
  12. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

Hey Serbret! Can't wait for it. I love the warthog and I'm doing some UNSC vessels right now.
  13. Kjev

Kjev Member

Anything we can do to help?
  14. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

Not at the moment. It's just been Nothing but the Air Force Lately. I'm just starting to get a little time to myself. I'll try to update more often.
  15. Newobmij

Newobmij New Member

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z291/trogdoriangrey/papercraft/Vehicles/

I made this a long while back, and apparently the internets just never caught on. Funny, the dumpy little Hamheadz guys I make get all sorts of exposure, and nobody ever clicked the vehicles link to find this. I remember seeing another one in the works around the same time I made mine, but after seeing a few pics of it, the builder said it was unreleaseable. One of the problems I see in papercraft these days is the heavy reliance on 3d software. I designed and built mine over a lazy sunday using the caveman method of drawing the pieces and cutting, scratchbuilding, adjusting to fit, then cutting it apart again and scanning the sections. The only thing the computer was used for was to vectorize and draw up my own textures (I hate pixelated skins, I'd ratehr take my time and redo it in illustrator). One of the great things about having both the outlines and textures vectorized is it's infinitely scalable. So I could print one at a larger scale, say, for an RC car, or for the McFarlane Halo 3 figures to fit in.

This is a bit blocky and simplified, so I don't mean to deter the guy working on it right now. I'd love to see a more detailed version put out. I'd even offer to help with adding textures.
  16. Kjev

Kjev Member

Newobmij,

My Leopard Dropship and ISSAPC from Space: Above and Beyond were built in a similar manner. I did the basic drafting in Adobe Illustrator (which is strictly 2D), then cut out the parts, cussed, corrected, and did it all again until everything worked right. Then I colored them in Photoshop. I have never mastered 3D modeling. Someday, maybe.

It's a great model. Thanks for creating it! I look forward to putting it together.

K'Jev
    :cool:
  17. raser13

raser13 Member

has ther been any progress on this?
  18. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

Very little. The last year has been crazy. The Air Force has me on the move more than usual. when i get a break Im going to get together all my old projects and roll them all into one "need to finish" pack.
  19. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

Heads up Guys, just letting you know this isn't dead. when I start posting again, I'll proly keep it at papermodelers with the rest of my stuff. I promise not to disappoint this time, lol