Halo Warthog

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by SEBRET, Jul 31, 2008.

1. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

I haven't seen any decent warthog models so i searched the Google warehouse, found one and am now cleaning and remodeling for a build-able transfer to pep. Only problem is that i know textures dont transfer well from sketchup to pep, so i might need some help there when the time comes. Pics soon.

SEBRET
  2. widget

widget Member

3. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

thanks widget, but the one i found in sketchup is higher quality which is what i wanted since i will be building it at a fairly decent size. photo bucket seems to be on the frits so ill put up pics of the model soon. Also, i pushed a piece through pep and it split a flat plane into two pieces, and it wont join the edges. how do i fix this?

SEBRET
  4. Tars

Tars Member

Cool! Maybe you could make a smaller one afterwards to go along with my pelican? :D
  5. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

I may, but from the looks of the pelican, I would have to take away alot of detail in order to make it build able at that scale.
  6. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

Ok, i cant get up pics right now, but i have finished the model in sketchup. Now for one of you to be the co-creator:thumb:. I need someone who can move the model into pep, keeping the edges merged and all the textures intact. once that is done i'll arrange it so its easier to put it together. when designing it i took into consideration the order that parts would be assembled so i want to make sure the template makes that obvious. If any of you could take care of the pep part that would be very appreciated. Not to mention it would become SEBRET's and (insert name here)'s warthogsign1
    Thanks for any responses.
  7. Soaring

Soaring Guest

I'd like to take a try, only because I wanna take a break from all the Greeblies on the Great Fox :(
  8. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

pics are working now. here is the original model after i cleared out the stuff that was all around it.
    [​IMG]

here is the model about two hours ago, im ready to unfold now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  9. jgderuvo

jgderuvo Member

any chance you can share with the class?
  10. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

I'll be happy to toss it over to ya once i finish it. Any thing i can tell you specifically?
  11. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Cool! A Chupathingy!!!
  12. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

Exactly!
  13. Kjev

Kjev Member

This is totally cool. I'd love a copy when it's finished. Do you know what the scale is going to be when it's done?

K'Jev
    8)
  14. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

hey Kjev, I don't actually know the size of the real warthog, but i think for the sake of detail, I'm going to start at 1 foot.
  15. Kjev

Kjev Member

That's an impressive size. I was thinking of 28mm scale for use in miniature wargames, but I'd take it in any scale. Now if I could just find a real one . . . . .

K'Jev
    8)
  16. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

I thought about smaller, but i wanted to be a little more in depth with this, keeping as much detail as was in the model i found.
  17. Janx

Janx Member

looks great Sebret, Any size would good tbh, just like to get my paws on it ;p
  18. nice serbert all we need now is the other vehicles
  19. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

I've been messing with the pieces and i am still having some troubles with the textures coming out weird in pep so I'm taking a break to finish my Hi-Nu. Should be back to this in a week or two.

SEBRET

[​IMG]
  20. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member