Halo 4 DMR mk2 (a w.i.p )

zwave343

the human lazor
oh well thank you zathros! i have alreeady copied over the lower detail model and started dumbing it down. i have also started a texture for it, using the inbuilt painter, but that might not be great-oh well

zwave343

the human lazor
Sorry for the double post, but no one has posted. But anyway, i put a thread up on the 405th for this model and have gotten some positive feedback

One thing is i might have a person to unfold it in pepakura, which i can print to pdf
And another is that i will have to put in some box construction (seperate it into smaller parts, which i was going to do and you all know what it means)

So the newer model should be ready by 5 hours into the future and i will see what is happening with the unfolder at tje 405th

Any luck, this may be done in a few days time!

vbsargent

The model looks really good. I like the complexity shown above. It doesn't look too complex, but seems to have a suitable level of "realism." Of course, we are talking a computer model of a computer game model. :-D

zwave343

the human lazor
ok, i know i said 5 hours and it has turned out to be 5 days, but my aunt need me to desperately babysit my cousins and other stuff has happened, so please forgive my lateness. i need to to just make sure the last few parts are perfect and work out the business of unfolding it. as soon as that is all worked out i'll come back and get us an estimate on how long till finished.
same with me zombieofthepast, absolute favorite!
GRRR, 34 days, thats all i gotta do-wait 34 more days...

Z

Zathros

Posting an Update isn't a double post. I would encourage you to keep us up to date with this fine model in the making. :)

rowsdower

The DMR has proven to be my favorite Halo firearm so I'm definitely excited to see the final product. It looks great so far!

zwave343

the human lazor
oh wow

oh wow sorry guys- havent had much time to think about this model in a while- school! but it is finally over. ITS OVER! im just trying to think where i was up to it last time i gave an update. i am fairly sure i have to get it made into a unfold. how am i gonna do this. i had to get rid of my other computer that didnt comit suicide whenever i ran anything more complex that firefox last week, but i am getting another one soon. just not sure how soon. should be within the next 6 weeks.

Z

Zathros

That stinks when they bomb out like that. I build computers, sometimes it isn't as bad as you think and sometimes it's just better to let them pass. Just make sure you keep the data. You can always slave the hard drive. :)

comex319

The render is grate. If you were building it you could make it from a very hard paper of card then you could fill it with some type of foam and pull away the paper coating.