Halinski Yamato

57townsman

Jan 21, 2004
Cypress, CA
Hi all,

I see that Mr Halinski has released a new version of the Yamato this year. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between this and the last release?

I've only seen small pictures of the cover and it looks like an earlier version without all the additional AA.

Looks like I will HAVE to buy another one :roll:

Steve

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Steve

Just had a look at the new model and what they show is the her final shape when it had it refit to add all the extra AA guns ect.

I don't know wich one you have but if you are looking for the first 1941 version you won't get a better one than Romans model at $35.00 for the CD.

Regards

Rob

57townsman

Jan 21, 2004
Cypress, CA
Hi Rob,

Thanks for the answer, I have the last release (2002?) which is her final configuration. Looks like I will save a little money this time :D Halinski's release from 1992 is the earlier version like Roman's.

I must say, I've been following your build with great interest, as everyone else has. She's coming along great! Between Roman's design and your building skills it looks so effortless :wink:

Thanks again,
Steve

JHS

Oct 18, 2006
Both versions are the 1945 state. Halinski corrected some errors, darkened the gray, and added many computer generated construction drawings. It is now magnificent beyond description. I bought a second copy to use for doubling on the watertight doors, hatches, etc. Halinski's ships are superb. The KING GEORGE V is also a gem.