Halinski A6M2 Zero 3/2005

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by bfam4t6, Dec 23, 2007.

1. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

I just closed the cockpit up earlier tonight, Fortunately the details remain pretty visible still. The engine is rolled cylinders, and it has a LOT of parts.
  2. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Dustin, I'm very impressed with the cockpit details. You really went over the bench with it. Congrats!
  3. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Oh man, this is just a fabulous build! So clean! And those rivets are just too cool!
  4. lriera

lriera Member

You are doing a very detailed work. I am learning a lot. Please keep going. Thank you.
  5. hawkstrikes

hawkstrikes New Member

Try 5 Min Epoxy On Your Cockpit Gauges.mix It And Use A Toothpick To Apply One Dot To Each....works For Me..looks Like Factory Made.....hawkstrikes
  6. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

I'll have to give that a shot. Lackluster gauges are, so far, my most disappointing part of the model in my mind.
  7. exzealot

exzealot Member

Incredible! One of the nicest builds on this forum. I can see why this is taking considerable time. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Ken
  8. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

A rather small and boring update, but at least progress has been made. I started to make the wings. Punching all the rivets into the wing took FOREVER, but I'm pleased with the appearance. I've already detached the wingtips so that I can make them movable. The kit allows for you to make them in the stationary up position, but I'm planning to hinge mine so that they can be folded or extended.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Good to see updates for this great report!!!

Keep it up, Dustin!!
  10. birder

birder member

a6m2

You are doing a great job. I love this model, there is a slight misfit problem with the tail formers being a bit too large, but otherwise is a terrific model. RLWhitt did a build thread on this one, which was of help when I built this one. His tips on the engine cylinders saved me time and improved the quality of my build, but yours already is looking really nice!
  11. birder

birder member

addendum

I missed your mentions of builds including Rick's. I didn't have trouble with the wings, but I didn't add anything to the skins until I had them mostly in place. Also lined the wing skins up to the wing formers, which left the center former uncovered, if you see what I mean. It does get mostly covered up eventually, or a small patch. The leading edge does not need to be scored to fit nicely, just rolled a bit to shape.