Hah, Feb already. How about your new paint job or road?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steamtom1

Feb 8, 2005
The locomotive, a Roundhouse live steam Lady Anne, was already painted. I did the stripes with tape. The coaches were kit built, Brandbright U.K. I painted them.

Lady%20Anne%20going%20into%20the%20sunset%20resized.jpg

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Great shots from everyone but I think we can all learn from Matty!

I just ordered an undecorated GP38 shell that will be my first try at painting and engine or car. If it turns out OK I will post pics even if it's too late for this.

Great work everyone and it will inspire me to try.

Rick

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
A little bit of paint disguises the toy-like shine of cheap plastic cars.

Here are two freight cars of my Trim Creek & Western RR (standard gauge division) I painted and weathered - a double door boxcar and a gondola. The big TCW logos were free-hand-painted to the car sides.

Ron

Attachments

• Boxcar TCW.jpg
    Boxcar TCW.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 158

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Well, since the car that I was going to enter isn't finished, I guess this one will have to do. Fresh from the shops of the Erie Northshore:

expresscars004.jpg

These cars (there are two of them) are former EPDX reefers.

I gave them new underframes and trucks, and some basic underbody brake details, along with new scratchbuilt ends. Each car also got a scratchbuilt roof, with no ice hatches. The paint is SMP Accupaint CNR Green #11, with C-D-S dry transfer dimensional data from a CNR express reefer set. The reporting marks and roadnames were done using C-D-S alphabet sets. The car, as pictured, is brand new out of the shop, and has yet to be weathered.

Wayne

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Yeah, I usually don't bother to watch the calendar (or the clock) now that I'm retired, :thumb: but, luckily, Don forgot to lock the door.:D :D
Of course, I will delete it if it's a problem.

Wayne

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Wayne - I am just kidding - and it will be up to Don to decide. I am not retired and I still don't really bother with a calendar or a watch, but I could not resist... ;) :D

Andrew

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
doctorwayne said:
Yeah, I usually don't bother to watch the calendar (or the clock) now that I'm retired, :thumb: but, luckily, Don forgot to lock the door.:D :D
Of course, I will delete it if it's a problem.

Wayne
No need to, I've always allowed last-minute entries, just as long as they come in before I lock the thread. I did say that it would close today, and today has been a busy day, even though I am retired Andrew, we do have busy days and the clock does get away even from us sometimes...sign1 sign1

The contest is officially closed. I'll set the voting thread up before I go nighty-night...:sleeping: :sleeping:

Status
Not open for further replies.