Had a visitor

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Hi Paul,

I saw the "original" photos at Trainboard this morning. I think the thread was entitled "Wow!".

I'll second that! In the time you have put several (to be honest I have lost count) layouts together in different scales, I have not even come close to finishing my original 4x8.

Great work, and thanks for the opportunity to see the new layout.

Andrew

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Thanks Guys, we had a lot of fun that day, it was a pleasure to have him over.
Shamus

Mar 8, 2003
eddielandreth.boche.net
Hi Paul - I'm continuously amazed at how much you can accomplish on your layout while mine seems to be just plodding along. :eek: Do you work on it 24x7? Got any tips for us slow-workers on how to be more productive in the layout room (other than getting away from the forums?;) ) Seriously, you manage to get so much done on your layout is what seems like a small amount of time, it's incredible.

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Shamus,
I think I said this to you on one of the other forums, but it bears repeating...
While I was always in awe of your HO modeling, I think you've really surpassed yourself with the switch to the larger scale...The narrow gauge, with all the little critters, crummies, & such, really serves as a perfect compliment to your backwoods logging theme...
Everything comes together to make for a complete Masterpiece!
:cool: :thumb: :thumb: :cool:

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Thanks a lot my good friends.

Eddie, I tend to start my day/evening in the railroad room with a conscious thought on what I want to achieve. Sometimes it might just be to make a few more trees, or finish a small part of the railroad to some degree. I always tend to have a goal in mind before walking into the room. That way, the railroad tends to grow bit by bit.
Shamus