Gundam GP03 Stamen

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
I'll support doing the Strike (even though I don't like Seed as much as some others) because it means I can hold out a chance of actually getting my hands on a model of the IWSP. Do the Strike and all the different packs, and I'll be happy.

The Windams and grunt Strikes would be nice vairants too, though I'm not sure if they're similar enough or not for you to be able to make them without a lot of work.

:) It will be done. ;)

Soaring, nothing new today. Decided to take a day off. I've been putting in a lot of time on this so I wanted to step back and chill out for a day.

smyfe

Dec 29, 2006
Stourbridge, West Midlands UK
Chill

Skip, if South Wales is anything like here in the West Midlands, CHILL would be a very fitting wordsign1. You've managed to convert me, now searching for an easy gundam or sd to start with!!:thumb::thumb:
Mick

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
LOL! It is cold here, though it's been sunny so not too bad. We're expecting some hard snow but no sign of it yet.

Converted you? OUTSTANDING!! I've yet to complete a Gundam papermodel so I can't help with directing you to a good beginner model. I'd say though that an SD model may be the way to go.

:)

smyfe

Dec 29, 2006
Stourbridge, West Midlands UK
I'm searching the net at the moment, my son just spotted the TR-1 Hazel I was looking at, but I think an SD may be the right way to go.:thumb: If there is anyone here who could point me in the right direction of an SD with instructions I would be very grateful:mrgreen:

Getter1

Jun 28, 2005
Spokane, WA
I'm searching the net at the moment, my son just spotted the TR-1 Hazel I was looking at, but I think an SD may be the right way to go.:thumb: If there is anyone here who could point me in the right direction of an SD with instructions I would be very grateful:mrgreen:

smyfe,

Here's a site with some really great SDs. They also have instructin pages for each model,

CubicCharacter

Oh and look a new model put up today :D SD GM Custom from 0083 Stardust Memory.

I've not built a full sized paper Gundam yet so I can't help reccomend one ATM.

Getter 1

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Morning all. :) My kids got me up at 5am today so I made a start on the left shoulder and detailing what was left of the right.

The left has a similar paint effect to the right but was much easier to do, I onlt have the rear part of the shoulder armor to do now for the left and then onto page 10!! We're getting there people! :)

WIP53.jpg

Next part is the waist/hips.

As for my next model. I'm sticking with Gundam, only a slightly different direction. I'm thinking of going for the Arch Angel from Gundam Seed, then following that I'll do the GAT-X105 Strike. I'm definitely planning out the Strike, I actually set up my modelling software for it lastnight in readiness. ;) It's just finding a good set of plans for the Arch Angel that will decide whether I do it or not.

Hope you enjoy the update!!

Note: I've just seen how bad the update pics are when youopen the pics up for a bigger image. These update pics are JPEGs for ease of uploading and viewing, they must be getting messed up during the upload. The actual master parts sheets are being worked on in BMP format. They're very crisp and clear, they're also high res for better print quality. The completed BMP's will be converted to several PDF files at the end. So the finished model should be very nice in terms of resolution and clarity.

Just incase any of you were concerned. ;)

Paragon

Apr 22, 2007
Greenville NC, USA
www.freewebs.com
Oooooh, the Archangle! I hope Gottfrieds and Valiants will be included and retractable. You could just recolor it for Dominion as well.

You know, I was thinking, it might not be impossible to use an SD model to create a full-size model of a Gundam. I've never built a cardmodel of a Gundam in either full size or SD, so I'm not positive, but since the shapes are the same, merely on different scales, it seems like one could shrink the head, extend the arms and legs, etc. Well...the arms at least, the legs would probably significantly more difficult.

Anyway, just spouting off. Don't let me derail the thread.

Getter1

Jun 28, 2005
Spokane, WA
You know, I was thinking, it might not be impossible to use an SD model to create a full-size model of a Gundam. I've never built a cardmodel of a Gundam in either full size or SD, so I'm not positive, but since the shapes are the same, merely on different scales, it seems like one could shrink the head, extend the arms and legs, etc. Well...the arms at least, the legs would probably significantly more difficult.

Paragon,

Converting an SD to full size wouldn't really work too well. You'ld be better off starting from scratch.

SD's head's would translate ok but you would in most cases have to re-0work the eyes as SDs eye sections are usually enlarged per the SD style.

The arms may be extended but most of the time that wouldn't get you there.

The body, legs, and most of the time the arms are squashed down so much that many details of the full size are no linger there at all. For instance the older versions of SDs had no upper legs at all, just the foot and lower legs integrated. The more recent SDs do have upper legs though.

I am somewhat of an SD Guru I guess :p

It is possible to strech an SD in theory, but it would be a lot more work that it's worth.

Getter 1

Lex

Dollmaker
Dec 1, 2006
Oxford, UK
I agree, it doesn't help that much to work from SD than to start from scratch... As is the case for most other subjects too.

palmer

Jul 5, 2007
Hi friends, I'm almost new here... I like what you do! I found great designers here.

Skup your gundam is incredible! I never saw so nice texture!

'Converting an SD to full size', I built a SD F91 adding moving joints and this stretched his limbs, now it appears a little less SD...

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Thanks Palmer. :) Glad you like it, welcome to the forum buddy. ;)

I also though the same thing about altering an SD model. Then I also thought of all the things mentioned above too. I think it's worth while if you want to get a less SD look, but maybe not the most effective to get a full scale model.

More updates to follow on the GP03 later.

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Well I've textured 10 pages now. Moving along well. I'd really like to start a test build as I texture to make sure it all works and fits prior to release.

I'm hoping that my testbuild will qualify for the comp so that I won't need to build this twice. I've asked the guys at the comp thread to see if they'll accept it so we'll wait and see.

Here's hoping. :)

If not then I'll probably withdraw from the comp but continue to develop this and testbuild it so this threa will still be updated and you'll still get to build this when it's done.

S

Soaring

Bah! If you enter the comp, I'd bet you'd win ;) Or Rob, whichever one :D At least in the Gundam/Robot/ Anime Papercraft (In my opinion)

Anyways, That'd be cool if you released some test builds as you texture :)
"The more you know, the better" - Some quote form the KSBW Channel :/

Can't wait till those test pictures! :)

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
I wouldn't say that. There are many more talented modellers out there than me. I appreciate the sentiment but you can't rule all others out.

Besides, I rarely finish my builds. I usually get distracted by another model or a new design project. I'd have to fnish this build to stand a chance of winning now wouldn't I? :)

There'll be no early releases, sorry if you misunderstood. This will only be releases when it's all finished. :)

S

Soaring

Well, in my opinion at least :/ I'm sure there are really great card modelers out there, but...again, my opinion :D

o_O Distraction's a big problem, happens to me everytime :/ As you can see

Yeah, I know there'll be no early releases :) The pictures of your test build was what I mean :)

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Here's the first of the build pics. This is just the basic head with none of the bits that make it a Gundam. Sorry for the poor quality, it's 6am here and the batteries are almost dead so the flash didn't go off. :(

1.jpg

The parts fit just fine, with no problems so far.

I'll carry on with this and then add some more texture to parts later on.

S

Soaring

6am? Didn't know that! Fantastic man! :D Even though it's a basic shape, it still looks great ;)

As soon as the details come on, I'll bash out the flexible comments :)

Again, great job, can't wait to see the rest of that head :)
-I leave my computer on the whole day :/ and night :/ Haven't turned it off since....Summer last year ;)-