Gundam GP03 Stamen

Master-Bruce

Hang on, how are you printing your models then? Because most models come in A4 paper/card format. As will this GP03.

Most of the world uses A4 as their paper size, US Letter is mostly only used in the States.

What size card are you using when you print your models??

rlc321

Gundam designer wannabe
i cant wait for this model either skip looking good, soaring when yougot to print it your printer should automaticly printit to the size it needs or you canm change the paper type to the size your using

S

Soaring

Yay, Skup's 1st post above, is understanding! YAY! Alright Skup, thanks for repoistioning it ;)

Master-Bruce

I don't think you understand. I have not repositioned it. YET! This model is a Work In Progress, it is not finished yet and won't be for a while. This is a complex model and will take time to complete so please be patient Soaring.

The pics I post are just for previews of the progress, they are not of finished development pages. They are simply to illustrate how things are going.

I'll try to update this thread with someprogress news later today so that I might once again get this thread back on topic.

animechx

So....moving away from paper scaling and all that...how is the model coming along?
also... were you able to find a decent copy of the Decals/markings for the GP03? Dalong's and Hobby Search's pics are not that detailed due to size.
If not, is it still posible to add those after the model was unfolded or we just make a separate sheet for the decals to be glued after assembly?

I'm asking this coz by Feb 2, i'll be going home to my province and my Master Grade GP03 is there, its decal sheet is still unapplied, so, although my scanner is currently down, maybe i can manage to take some pretty decent up-close photos... same with the instruction manual.

Master-Bruce

Paragon, the model was on temporary hold while I finished rlc321's Alex textures. That's done now and he's doing the instructions for it.

So now I'm back on it. Aside from a little project for Getter I'll only be working on the GP03. ;)

Animechx, I don't have all the reference I need for decal markings. I did put a call out for help in that area at the start of this thread but no-one's stepped up yet. Until you that is. :) I'd greatly appreciate any help with close-up photos of the decals please. Just for reference so that I can add those smaller marking.

I'll be basing this model on a mix between the Bandai MG kit and the G-System resin kit, her's a pic:

Image5.jpg

I'll also later be doing their orange experimental GP03 too. Same Gundam, different colour scheme. Also by G-System:

Image1.jpg

I like the more customised look, the way it has large labels and logos all over it. I think it'll make the model a little more eye catching. Kinda like Onepiece' Hi-V.

I can add all the markings, panel lines, and whatever else after I've unfolded the model by exporting the parts pages to BMP format. Then using PaintShopPro, I'll simply draw them in place and tweak the colours here and there the same way I did for Rob's Alex Gundam. The pages will be high res so that I can add more detail and that the model will print nicer.

I'm looking forward to adding it all to bring the big guy to life.

Lex

Dollmaker
Wow, before looking at these pics, I never knew Gundams feature so much details... Wonder how much would yours include :D

Master-Bruce

Hi Lex,

LOL, a friend of mine described those G-System Gundam kits as the "Nascar" Gundams. You know,labels all over the place like sponser graphics on a Nascar car. :) I liked that.

In the animated series, Gundams aren't as detailed as these G-System kits. They are generally more subtle. I just prefer these Nascar style Gundams so that's what I'm going for with mine. I think they look awesome! I'll be hoping to include as many markings as I can see on the kit. So the model "should" look pretty special! Just so long as you like the G-System kit.

Lex

Dollmaker
...I feel it's the first time we have more Brits than Americans in a thread...

No, no, stop derailing this great thread please!! :D

S

Soaring

*I think it's Skup* But yeah, great job on the Gundam

Handshake for the Brit's? Cheap! We need one too ;)

Master-Bruce

Thanks Vulcan Raven, I appreciate te comment. I'll be doing yet more unfolding on this today. I am working on it, made some progress yesterday too but there's no point in posting pics of a few new unfolded parts so I'll wait unil I've made som significant progress. ;)

Actually my nickname is "Skip", and my "handshake" comment was just for giggles. ;)

S

Soaring

sign1 I've been calling you skup for as long as I can remember :/
No wonder alot of people called you skip, I thought it was just a mishap since the u and i keys are near each other sign1

-Good luck on unfolding ;)