Gundam GP03 Stamen

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Stormtroopers are cool. Though I prefer the Clone Troopers myself and the Republic Commandos. RC's just look mean! :)

As for a Gundam costume, I'd be sorely tempted but the space would be a big issue. My shed gets damp so I couldn't even store it in there.

May have to knock that one on the head. LOL

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Ok, yesterday did not go to plan AT ALL! LOL I tried to ge more done for an update and so that I could rest knowing that another area was tested.

I started building the thigh and before I know it it was evening and I'd barely got the thight built. That's just one thigh! Things kept popping up and thuings had to be done s I only ended up wit maybe an hour or two actually working on this.

ATM I'm builing the hip joint for it.

Here's a pic of the thigh part all built. You'll see the recess inside th upper thigh for the hip joint to sit. Partly hidden by the thigh itself.

36.JPG

37.JPG

Once this joint is done and dry, I'll be able to test it out.

CJTK1701

Banned
Dec 12, 2006
"Best laid plans....." Some days are like that. Well, you're making progress, that's what counts. Lookin good Skip.

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Sorry buddy. I've been so busy with the real world lately I've barely had time for anything!

I'm trying to complete texture work on Robs Hyakushiki,when that's done I'll be completing that job for you. ;) Then I'll get back to the Stamen. There's not too much left to do as far as the design goes. Rob's building it for me too so that's one less thing I have to do. Though I will be finishing mine but it's no longer a priority thanks to Rob. :)

PLUS, I have a ton of new (sorry) plastic kits to get through. They're all Gundam kits that I intend to use as reference for future papermodels.

I did start the next Gundam papermodel design a few weeks ago when I had some time. Though work on that has stopped for me to clear my workload for now.

I'm not saying what it is. I will say it's a well known Mobile Suit, it has improved joints that are similar in design to the MG/HG kits. Finally I'll slip that from one mesh, I'll be able to offer a number of different models(which will help keep development time down). ;)

But as I said, that's coming when I've finished what I've started so far.

CJTK1701

Banned
Dec 12, 2006
No need to appologise, sounds like you've got a full plate.... for days to come. I was just curious, thought maybe you had gotten something done, but didn'y have time to post. I've suffered from a computer virus along with everything else, so I don't know how long it's going to take me to reconstruct what I had. Anyway, looking forward to any and all of your updates.:thumb:

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Erm, I'm afraid not. The model itself is good, but this Experimental paint job takes some work to get on it. I will be doing again soon because Rob has offered to build it for me to test it but I'll be texturing the thing for him so he doesn't have to build a half textured model.

I've gone and started a BumbleBee Camaro though that is more of a priority to me right now because I'd like it to be ready for Claudios release of his B'Bee robot model.

Sorry guys, but this one WILL be finished. :)

rlc321

Gundam designer wannabe
Nov 17, 2006
scotland
robsmechacardcraft.synthasite.com
skips stamen build

o0k here is what i have done so far on this sorry its late coming guys and skip as you know life got in the way, i will be updating this thread from now on with pics as i go. i hope you enjoy and so far its shaping up to be a cool big model, the middle cockpit was a bit tricky but canm be done. skip this is a great model cant wait for the rest of the textured parts. :mrgreen::thumb:

Attachments

• PIC00110.jpg
    PIC00110.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 27

cerebrave

Jan 13, 2008
www.hobikitkertas.com
Ok. I'm totally jumping on the Gundam band wagon here. I just don't think there are enough non SD Gundam models out there.

Skup, Im totally agree with your first paragraph! therefore I'm making myself a non SD Impulse Gundam model. I see you're lucky you got a 3 view blueprint for your model. Usually, old gundam plastic model manual includes such thing, but unfortunately, I dont have the luck for such pretty blue print for my Impulse Gundam. But, I kept going with a risk of some unproportional parts, hope nobody will notice it.

Do you have any good idea where can I obtain such blueprint?

I dont want to hijack this thread so anybody would like to check my progress, go search the other thread with "Impulse Gundam Design or something".

cerebrave

Jan 13, 2008
www.hobikitkertas.com
@Skup,
tried there, and I use dalong's reference so far. No luck with the blueprint. recent gundam designs seems avoid putting blueprint on pure 3 X-Y-Z view in their manual. They would want our life harder.

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Sorry about that. That's my main source of Gundam reference. Although I have noticed the lack of plans in their more recent instructions.

I'm afraid I can't help you then. :( Unless you have the HG/MG kit of one? Just take photos and work from those? Or see if the photos supplied at Dalong are square on enough to be of use?

cerebrave

Jan 13, 2008
www.hobikitkertas.com
@Skup
^_^ No problem... I just probing for new ideas. But unfortunately I don't want to spent any money on plastic model :p .... Well, maybe borrowing some friend's model for a picture would fine :D

mbahg666

Dec 24, 2008
wow... i've seen this model kit before.. never thought there is someone who actually made it into papercraft..