Gundam GP03 Stamen

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Ok, I have been building but have no pics. Need batterries. D'oh!!

I've started to texure the legs now too so I may consider releasing the Stamen figure and then later relasing the backpack and accessories at a later date when they're ready. Not sure yet though.

S

Soaring

Go ahead, I'm in for waiting for the Entire Relase :O I don't wanna try this until I'm finished with the To Do's, the view of a link is....unrelenting ^.^

Can't wait for those build pics!

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
I've been working on it lastnight. Still no fingers as I wanted to try and add strength to these joints. In particular, the shoulder. I put most of the evning into this and have had a fair bit of success. I need to add my improvised parts now to the model part sheets so you guys will have what you need. :)

I also built the part for the manipulator arm. It makes the forearm very bulky looking but I designed it from plans so it has to be right. Although it looks out o proportion at the moment, probably because the other arm isn't built yet to balance the upper body out?? We'll see anyway.

I think I mentioned in an earlier post that I'd started texturing the legs? Well, if I didn't, I've started texturing the legs! LOL

So once these fingers are done I'll be working down from the waist so we'll be seeing how the legs shape up soon. ;)

Here are some pics of the Stamen as it is now. Note the lighter next to him for scale reference!!!!

26.jpg

27.jpg

25.jpg

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Also, I've re-uploaded the GIF to show you the wrist movement. It's working now, I had to resize it as it was too big. D'oh!

Anyway check it out guys. Go back one page and it's there, post #350. :)

S

Soaring

That hand join is epic! I'm guessing...a paper ball joint trapped in by the forearm structure?

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
That hand join is epic! I'm guessing...a paper ball joint trapped in by the forearm structure?

Nope. No ball at all in this. Every joint is similar in design to the shoulder. If you go back a few pages you'll see that and see what I've done for the wrist. The wrist joint is tricky to assemble but very effective I think.

The joint is inside the forearm so it doesn't stick out too far. Then the hand is slid over a pin which allows it to pivot, giving you two directions of movement.

Again, sorry if that's difficult to understand. I know what I mean but find it hard to explain in words. :)

Thanks Joe. Compliments like that are always appreciated, plus they feed my ego which is good. LOL So long as it doesn't go to a persons head! ;)

Well, he's sitting here on my desk. I keep looking at him. LOL I just can't get over the size! I keep holdin him in the air to get an idea of his final height. Better get back to those legs! LOL

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
No, it is possble I guess. Though it would really add to the difficulty of a model. Imagine having to build loads of tiny balls for joints!! Ooh, I don't fancy that. :(

Lex

Dollmaker
Dec 1, 2006
Oxford, UK
Yea I am also investigating the possibility of a ball joint, it seems feasible but is very complicated... And surely we don't need those on Gundams >_<

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
No way! LOL Building the ball it's self would be ok, but what about the ball socket around it?? Surely that would be really difficult? Especially trying not to leak glue inside the joint?

Thinking about tha makes my head hurt! :)

I've now textured enough to ba able to build the waist, thighs and feet. Just need to do shin/calf now. Lower leg, we'll call it that. LOL So we'll have some new pics soon. Now, finally off to build those fingers.

rlc321

Gundam designer wannabe
Nov 17, 2006
scotland
robsmechacardcraft.synthasite.com
wow skip this is looking amzing my fingers are itching to give it a go cat wait for it. who am i kidding i can wait ill wait till the whole master piece is finished and ready then i can get my grubby lil fingers on him lol.
keep it up

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Thanks Rob. Hope it lives up to expectations. :)

I have one more fingr to make and I'll hve a new update.

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Hand Is Done!!

I've done the hand now. All is well there. :)

Time for a short food break I think, I'm starving!!! LOL

Here are a few pics tor you all. Each finger moves at the base only, there are no individual knuckle joints. Though you could do it. With a little initiative. ;)

28.JPG

29.JPG

30.JPG

31a.jpg

I'll leave it to you guys to figure out what it's doing here in the last one. Had to pixellate it as the are kids around. LOL :)

Also, Soaring, you asked about the wrist joint earlier. Here it is with the hand off to try and show you what I meant. I'm not very good at spoken explanations. :)

32.JPG

Hope you're still out there and interested guys. There's planty more to come. :)

Next, I'll be starting on the feet. I really want to test and show the ankle joint. I have a few concerns here so I'd like to jump to those and work my way back up to the body.

Later guys.

CJTK1701

Banned
Dec 12, 2006
LOL, ROTFLMAO. Love the hand Skip and the way you're making the joints makes perfect sense to me. If it works stick with it.

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Nope. Sorry. LOL :)

At first I thought of using it as my new avatar but then thought it wasn't very PC. Plus people who did't know me may think I'm not a very nice person!! LOL

I'm torn now. I started texturing the shield. This is the biggest object of the whole model. Because of this I'm tempted to build this before the legs and feet. Just to see it and get a better idea of the final model height.

What do you think? Shield? Or legs? I'm swaying toward the shield.

Getter1

Jun 28, 2005
Spokane, WA
Outstanding Skip :D

Love the pixilated shot ;)

I agree, do the legs. Get him off the ground :) That'll give you the idea of height no doubt.

G1