Gundam GP03 Stamen

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Joe, Don't sweat it buddy. :)

Palmer, I know of the Orchis/Dendrobium. I suppose with some work you could adapt the Stamen of mine to fit into it. Though, the Stamen is a 40cm model, Do you realise though just how big the Orchis would have to be to accomdate a Stamen???

Thunderchild, tose pics are from a Japanese(I think) forum called PPXCLUB. The model is by Just Paper wo I believe only design and offer commercial models. :(

Paragon

Apr 22, 2007
Greenville NC, USA
www.freewebs.com
Talking about Mobile Armors...
Do you know that Dendrobium model?
Do you think your 'Stamen' should be adaptable to be inserted in it?
Afterall they are related models...
It'd be very cool!
(Dendrobium is the name of an orchid flower and the 'Stamen'... well it's its stamen!)

Ooooh.....the Stamen is 1/60 already, so that Dendrobium would have to be enormous, We're talking like, five meters long.

palmer

Jul 5, 2007
5 meters long... cool!
I could sell my car and put it in my garage!

Seriously, maybe the Stamen could be resized smaller, maybe the Dendrobium is built to fit a 1/144...

Skup, your design of the other MA is great! Look like the beak of a pterosaur!

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Yeah, I know! Well, I knew it's be big, 5 metres although a wonderful sight, it's too big for me. I'd have to display it on my roof! LOL

You could probably rescale it but you'd probably have to sacrifice the mobility. Some of the parts on this model are tricky even at this scale.

Ok, I've built the elbow joint. This was much easier than the shoulder as there's only one direction of movement there. I left it overnight for glue to fuller dry, I had to use alot in some places to strengthen pins and what-not. I'll take some pics in a bit and create an animated GIF to show you what we have so far!! ;)

Getter1

Jun 28, 2005
Spokane, WA
Hello Skip,

Will there be the extendable arms for a possible Denbroubium appliation?

Also what weapons have you designed? It carried either a Beam Rifle or a Bazooka.

G1

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Hi Getter,

I've not designed the actual arm. The claw has been included as it also holds the shield. Bu it can be modified to have the manipulator arm.

I've only modelled the Beam Rifle and siels for now.

Getter1

Jun 28, 2005
Spokane, WA
Hey Skip,

Was just curious. I will definently. build the Stamen up at 1/60 but if I were to attempt the Dendrobium I'ld probably want to scale it all down to 1/144.

G1

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
I understand that, it'd be hard to sneak a 5m long Orchis passed the wife. LOL

Oh, I just noticed my typo. That was meant to read,"shield" not siels. ;)

Getter1

Jun 28, 2005
Spokane, WA
Yeah at 1/144 it would be about a meter long :p

Looking forward to seeing more of those joints :D

G1

P.S. no fuss bout the typo, I knew what you meant :p

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Much better than the 5 meter. :) It could be done I guess, I'll leave things like that down to the indvidual though. As well as finish this Experimental versin, I have the classic blue/white versio and a vanilla version for recolour work by Paragon.

I've not forgot about you either Getter. ;)

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Elbow test animation!!

Ok guys, first off. Sorry for the dely in this update, I totally got distracted today by my new toy! My1/100 MG Strike Freedom arrived today so I had to start building tha and seeing how the plastic kits move. :)

Now to the update. Lastnight I finished building the joint for the elbow. Motion is good but like I said, I don't think these joints will be stable enough for constant changing of pose. Sorry but I'm learnin so I'll make the next model better.

Here's an animated GIF of the shoulder and elbow joints in motion.

Anim2.jpg

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Thanks, this will still be better then a static but the joints aren't perfect. They'll improve in the next Gundam.

I used Ulead GIF Animator 5. Thanks for that. ;)

Getter1

Jun 28, 2005
Spokane, WA
Hello Skip,

Alright I'm getting really excited to build this one now :D

Put down the plastic and finish this :p jk

Looks great, keep it up :D

G1

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Thanks Getter. I'm actually hoping to learn more about joints from the plastic kit. LOL! Who'm I kiddin'? I just love 'em! Though I will be learning from them too. ;)

Progress will slow for a while, I'm going to be texturing the Hyaku Shiki model by Rob/rlc321. So I'll be juggling both projects.

Getter1

Jun 28, 2005
Spokane, WA
Yeah the plastics will give you a lot of ideas for joints.

Good thing you're using modern kits for refrence. I've been building plastic kits for a long time and the older kits had horrible joints :p

The Shiki shouldn't take too long, not much to it :p Or is it gonna be Nascar to :p

G1

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
LOL. Nah, standard Bandai scheme. ;) The next Shiki we're doing though will be based on the G-System kit so that will be Nascar-Shiki! LOL