Gundam GP03 Stamen

S

Soaring

I understand, but won't the tip of the tip closest to the chest interfer with joint range?

jaffro

Long term member
I can still honestly say I have absolutely no interest in Gundam or any anime for that matter, but wow... some of the work you guys are doing, not just here but in various other gundam related threads, is amazing the pants off me. (try not to get a mental image of that, this is a family forum after all :D )

Did you come up with that joint design by yourself Skip or did I miss that part of the thread? While reading the first few steps i just couldn't see how it was going to become any sort of joint at all, let alone the masterpiece you ended up with... Awesome stuff!!

Master-Bruce

Soaring, absolutely. It will interfere, as will another part of the suolder armor interfere with the shoulders range. But this is a papermodel, not a Bandai PG kit. ;) It will have movement but it'll hardly have the full motion of the plastic kits. Being paper there have to be compromises. Otherwise this would take an eternity to both design and to build. Not to mention it'd have to be probably twice as big as it currently is for it to be more builder friendly.

Saying that I have come up with a way to get a few more precious degrees of motion out of it. ;)

Jaffro, amazing the pants off you eh? Scary thought!!! LOL

I wouldn't say the joint is my original design, it just seemed a logical way to go. I'd seen this type of joint in other models or everyday items, I just copied it. That joint there gives 3 directions of motion in the upper arm and shoulder.

Master-Bruce

Sorry guys for the lack of progress in the past few days. As is the nrom with me I got a little sidetracked. LOL

I've been doing some work to help me with future models, all Gundam related. lso I started a little project for when I'm not in the mood for this Stamen project. Nothing heavy, just a little something to work on on the side.

Check it out:

MobArm3.jpg

ex15_b1.jpg

This isn't going to be a huge model, hence the lack of modelled detail. I'll be creating textures to take care of most of it.

I'm now back and building the Stamen arm so there'll be updates later. ;)

rlc321

Gundam designer wannabe
wow skip i cant wait to see this one too it looks awsome, now we you just need to model a lil mu la flaga to go with it lol
keep it up man

Master-Bruce

Thanks Rob, Yeah that'd be cool.

Lex, it's a ship/fighter. In Gundam Seed they're called Mobile Armor. This one is a TS-MA2mod.00. It's also known as Moebius Zero.

In the show, those round drums you see at the rear, seperate and deploy weapons. This allows the fighter to fire an a target from multiple vectors. Pretty cool really.

CJTK1701

Banned
Very cool. As to sidetracking, I totally identify with that.:mrgreen: I'm not ADD, but I do like to work on a range of things and not get stuck on one project. Looking forward to any of your updates. You and Oyl and several others around here really keep me interested in all this cool stuff.:thumb:

Master-Bruce

See if this helps keep you interested buddy. We have upper arm movement. Unrestricted by the shoulder armour BTW. Now onto the elbow Joint!!

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

Master-Bruce

More. :)

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

I'm happy with this so far. However, I've recently found pics of a Gundam model tha is 100 times better than mine in terms of motion range. I'll post pics for you to see.

Master-Bruce

Thanks Soaring. I'm pleased to be an inspriation. Makes it all the more worth while. ;) Keep at those builds buddy.

Now, Imentioned another Gundam with joints. These are FAR superior to mine. Mine are ok but I can say that they aren't suitd to constant playing with. So you'll have to select a pose of your liking I think and then secure them with glue. Not ideal, but still better than a static model.

These new joints I've seen are my inspiration to my next Gundam project! I'll be doing the Mobile Armor/Moebius Zero fist then a Gundam with joints like this:

tankuv_033.jpg

tankuv_034.jpg

tankuv_036.jpg

tankuv_037.jpg

tankuv_067.jpg

tankuv_074.jpg

It's like a Perfect Grade kit but in paper!!!!! Simply amazing! Check out the motion in that leg!!

This is a model of the X105-Strike. If anyone knows more about this model(this particular papermodel) please let me know, I'd love to have a copy. Is it commrcial? Free? Event only? I have no idea but if anyone out there can elp, I'd be greatful. ;)

Anyway, as I said my next Gundam will hopefullt be similar to this baby!

Master-Bruce

Here's a pic of the full model if it helps. Also,if someone can tell me how to make these aniated Gif pics, I'd be greatful.

tankuv_083.jpg

Lex

Dollmaker
Now I say I never knew Gundams can be so mobile... (I mean I know they're called "mobile suits") These joints are just ingenious...

Master-Bruce

Yeah, far better and more effective than mine. I have to try ad copy this for one of my models.

BTW, the next Gundam will be to suit my tastes. I've always wanted a massive model. I mean massive so the next one will be 3' tall. So start stocking up on card!! LOL

CJTK1701

Banned
Yeah, far better and more effective than mine. I have to try ad copy this for one of my models.

BTW, the next Gundam will be to suit my tastes. I've always wanted a massive model. I mean massive so the next one will be 3' tall. So start stocking up on card!! LOL

WHOOT! You must be part of the "Go BIG, or Go Home" club. LOL. Skip, I linked to this thread from Finescale Modeler.

RE: Animated GIFs. You need a gif animator program, I used to have a free one, but it was loaded with addware and mallware, also, it only had limited potential use. I haven't looked lately, but I'm sure there are some. Essentially you just stack photos into it and set the speed with which they run through. I'll see if I can find you something.

Edit: Here's a start. GIFWorks.com! Free Online GIF Tools

Ulead GIF Animator - Reviews and free Ulead GIF Animator downloads at Download.com

Just google gif animator.

Master-Bruce

People are talking about my Gundam from another forum?? Outstanding!! Do yo have a link??

As for the animator,thanks a bundle! Thought it'd be easier to create those for showing the joints off rather than a long stream of pics. Easier for upload and stuff too. ;)

palmer

Talking about Mobile Armors...
Do you know that Dendrobium model?
Do you think your 'Stamen' should be adaptable to be inserted in it?
Afterall they are related models...
It'd be very cool!
(Dendrobium is the name of an orchid flower and the 'Stamen'... well it's its stamen!)