Gundam GP03 Stamen

tazman3

Model Designer Wannabe
Nov 2, 2007
KY - USA
www.huffdojo.com
skp...looking fantastic man...I can't wait for this release...it will go right beside my plastic EZ-8. Are you going to stick with the orange color scheme?

Thanks again for your work dude!:thumb:

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Thanks Taz. Definitely keeping the orange/white scheme, I love it! :) I'll come back an follow this up with the blue version too later.

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Got the other side done. :)

It all fits but care needs to be taken for the chest intakes/thrusters. Tight fit and some parts(the inner grey parts) need slight trimming.

Doesn't look too bad but these white cut/score marks are really starting to show up so I'll colour them in.

16.jpg

17.JPG

18.jpg

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Taz, it'll hav as much movement as I could cram in there. This is my first poseable model and my first Gundam so I've yet to see how succesful it'll be.

Here's hoping.

sherban

Jun 26, 2007
For a "first model" it looks more than fine. Wonder how will be the following. The head is maibe the best looking of this type, as I saw them till now. As for the color scheme, the blue is probably much more "classic", but my self I am waiting impatiently that version. Just like an ideea, (don't know if good or not) maibe one day you can make a model together with ric321, his designs and models are at the same high standards, the results should be then the highest possible (not forgetting June works either).
My best regards for both you bulders

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Hi Sherban. :)

This is my first Gundam moel design, I've designed quite a few other models from other sci-fi shows and movies.

I also like the blue "classic scheme" I'll be doing that too but I prefer this as it's so different from the usual Gundam colour choices.

I'm actua;;y good friends with rlc321 and we've dicussed doing models together from time to time. I actually helped him out with the textures for his forthcoming Alex Gundam, and helped model the head for his Hyaku Shiki.

Many thanks buddy. :)

sherban

Jun 26, 2007
Nice to hear such good news which should be very relevant for this forum purpose. I am watching both threads with much interest, even that beeing an amateur in paper building, my posts are kind of rare (senior builders surely have things more practical or interesting to say). And please don't "take your time" with your builds, but also don't rush to do them, as we all want to do things the best way you feel

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Thanks buddy.

Thanks Lex. Glad your linking it. I've actually noticed a big mistake I've made! So much for knowing my on model eh? LOL It's a build fault not a design thing so I can remedy it and move on without having to change the mesh.

I'll be sure to note this when I come to do instructions.

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Yeah it does. I never though of it until Getter1 pointed it out to me. LOL

Well, I've been busy fixing that problem I'd created. wall1 I had to trim other parts to make them fit. This won't be a problem for the released model. It was my building skills that caused the problem, not the designing. :)

The belly parts are in place now, at least that's what I call them. LOL

You'll see what I mean.

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

S

Soaring

I don't know.....Hmmm

Epic kit man! Can't wait to see the next textured page ":)

S

Soaring

-Skip said that he has joints :D- At least....he hopes the joints will work =)

palmer

Jul 5, 2007
I can't wait to see how's the backpack, I bet you choosed to build this model for it!

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
DareDevil, this model does have joints as Soaring pointed out. It has 29 points of articulation!! The joints themselves should work fine, the area in doubt in my mind is, Have I left enogh clearance for those joints to be effective? We'll see. :)

Palmer, Ah the backpack. I chose this Gundam because I'd recently just watched 0083:Stardust Memory for the first time. I wanted to do the GP02 but wasn't sure if I'd be ale to pull it off. So I opted for the GP03S instead because I thought it was within my skill level. AND because of that awesome, massive backpack!! ;)

Soaring, that's it for the building for now. I'll be back at the texturing today, continuing the legs and feet.