Guess this mech

Getter1

Jun 28, 2005
Spokane, WA
Hello all,

Wow I just looked up at the clock and it's nearly 4:00A.M.!!! Well I've been workingon a new design using Shiryu. Let's see if anyone can guess what it is :p

John

Attachments

• cyclone+1.jpg
    cyclone+1.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 758

Getter1

Jun 28, 2005
Spokane, WA
Indeed it is Mospeadea. Yeah the front isn't there yet. This is where I left off last night. Hope to get it done today.

John

Getter1

Jun 28, 2005
Spokane, WA
To all who are intrested, here's the progress I've made on the Cyclone so far. Just need to do the weapons and optional storage boxes.

Attachments

• cyclone+1.jpg
    cyclone+1.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 691

Getter1

Jun 28, 2005
Spokane, WA
Ok I had to disassemble the entire back end to correct the seat. Also I re designed the forward shields. For now I'm leaving off the weapons on the shileds till it's been tested out.

Anyone intrested in signing up to be beta testers for this one?

John

Attachments

• cyclone+1.jpg
    cyclone+1.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 659

Gefahren

Apr 2, 2005
Brandon, Mississippi, USA
I certainly wouldn't mind beta testing it so I volunteer myself. BTW, it doesn't transform, does it?

I still have one of the old plastic models (Revell I think) of this that were sold under the Go-bots brand as Cy-kill. Of course I've lost the instructions to that long long ago in a galaxy far far away.. ah-hem... anyways, so I still have it unassembled in a box.

Getter1

Jun 28, 2005
Spokane, WA
Gefahren said:
I certainly wouldn't mind beta testing it so I volunteer myself. BTW, it doesn't transform, does it?

I still have one of the old plastic models (Revell I think) of this that were sold under the Go-bots brand as Cy-kill. Of course I've lost the instructions to that long long ago in a galaxy far far away.. ah-hem... anyways, so I still have it unassembled in a box.

Hey Gefahren,

Just PM me your e-mail addy and I'll send you the scans of the Cyclone parts. Sorry I don't think I'll be able to pull off the transformation however with a little modification the parts could probably be assembled in the armor mode (hence I'll have to design the rider eventually). Note the design program doesn't allow curves which isn't a problem for the cyclone except for the wheels.

Go-Bot Cy-kill huh? I had that same kit, long gone now. However I do have the actual Mospeada kit of the same make (Blowsperior). Unfortunatly it currently is in Spokane Washington where I will be moving to at the end of May. If you can wait that long I'll scan the instructions for you when the kit and I reunite :)

John

Bowdenja

Sep 26, 2005
Madison, MS
Florida to Washington............ man one end to the other!

Good luck with the move..........Ummm....... you know that it rains A LOT in Washington.......right ? No good for paper:roll: Lovely for ducks!:grin:

Hey Gef......... your Walker is drawing mucho attention at the display. Kids have come up to me and said "That's my favorite!" Congrats man!:grin: ....... They want us to get a picture made.:twisted: Let me know......ok?

And Getter1 this guy does GREAT work. Believe me!

john

Ashrunner

Sep 26, 2005
Redmond, Oregon
Getter

Sounds like you're going from Eglin to Fairchild 8v) Good luck on the move. Spokane if you haven't been there before, is a nice area. Not as wet as many folks believe. And right on the edge of the northern reaches of the high lava desert and the nice green woodlands. I loved my time there, which was spent at the US Air Force Survival School on the "other side" of Fairchild AFB. But then I retired in southwest of there, so I do like the area.

Getter1

Jun 28, 2005
Spokane, WA
Bow, Ash,

Thanks for your good luck wishes. My wife's family lives there and that's why it was picked when we came to the decision to leave Floridia. I'm tired of the hurricanes. Not to meantion after working 10 years as a manitenance man at a condo I'm just burnt out and want to do something else :p

John

Gefahren

Apr 2, 2005
Actually, I'm kinda glad that it doesn't transform at the moment. My head starts hurting at think how to get the paper to do all those little movements.
I would love a scan of those instructions. I actually assembled the kit when I was real young (and the kit was brand new) but of course ended up tearing it up since I couldn't help playing with it. So many years later I just happened to see one and snatched it off the shelf. Apparently I lost the instructions while painting it, since that's the state it's in. (and it proves that I REALLY cannot paint, I prefer printing, heh)

I've sent you a PM.

Gefahren

Apr 2, 2005
Ok, this is what I've gotten done tonight.
First the build method is interesting, since they are all box based you can cut out every single part and assemble them each individually. Then go back and match up the number codes on the connection points. Sort of like making your own Lego pieces before stacking them together.
Again, I've only got my Cell phone to take pictures with at the moment, sorry.

Well, first the parts are easy to assemble, since they are all little individual boxlike shapes

Of course with box shapes they tend to warp, so a couple of clamps and a straight edge is all it takes to force them to stay flat while drying. (or after they are dry if you add a little more glue)

The basic parts of the front (or maybe its the rear?) wheel. The little number codes makes it easy to assemble without directions (unlike some other models I've been working on, heh)

And here is the first part all clamped together. The wheel halves don't want to sit quite right, so I convinced them with a clamp and some weight.

Getter1, what is the name of the software you are using again? And could you send me a sample file from it, I was going to see if I could disect it. I know I can pull all the polygons out of a peparka (sp?) file, so maybe I can find a way to convert this file format to something else.

Suprise, suprise, smileys count towards the four image limit per post...

Getter1

Jun 28, 2005
Spokane, WA
Hey Gefahern,

Lookin good so far. I cut out the pieces of mine today but haven't started assembly yet. I want to finish assembling my Gunstar first. Yeah the box method is pretty intresting. It sure make the models strong and solid feeling.

The program is called (Shiryu Paper-craft). I'll send you the TMO file but I don't know if it can be viewed without the software. If you can crack it let me know how because painting the models would be so much easier if the parts could be imported into paint or some other program. The drawing tools in Shiryu suck. Imagine having ONLY the pencil feature in paint.

Gefahren

Apr 2, 2005
Well, no luck with the file so far, it's apparently in Binary format where as Peparka uses a ascii format.

O, and I found the publishers website now,(http://inazuma.jp/paper/) heh it's Siryu that "h" you added in there through me off. Anyways, according to there website they are working on an english version and will be offering a Download version as opposed having to pay shipping costs. Anyways, from looking at there site it seems the software is geared more towards the younger crowd. Now, if I can find the demo version.

Gefahren

Apr 2, 2005
Not much progress on the cyclone test build, I'm suffering from severe distraction syndrom. Working on converting some of those little radio shack radio controled cars into a WIG aircraft is taking alot of my time.

Well, I have managed to cut out several more parts.

and even assemble some, and score and fold others.

The problem I'm haveing with the box structure of the model is that they tend to warp/twist especially the smaller one's (the bigger ones probably are too, but you can't tell it as much I guess). Tommorrow I will have at least the middle of the bike done, that way you can start to see what it is at least.

Getter1

Jun 28, 2005
Spokane, WA
Well you've got a lot more done than I have. I've been working on my Gaiking project all day and I still have 1 more page of instructions to draw up. My hand is cramping up bad :( I was hoping to do some building toady but that went out the window. Perhaps tomorrow.

Getter1

Jun 28, 2005
Spokane, WA
Hello all,

Ive been busy building the Cyclone. In the shots here it is all built and ready for painting. I replaced the Wheel with a re-sized INCOM from my S-Gundam head model.

Attachments

• 02010208.zip
    216.7 KB · Views: 68