GTW SD75I Update

GTW SD75I Update(First Pics Added Beware D.U)

Well....haven't been on in a long time, nothing really new to report. Finally found the time to go to the LHS for paint, unfortunately they only carried the primer that I needed.

I was looking for the GTW Blue and Orange, he had the listings in a catalouge, but when he called Floquil(testors) they informed him that they didn't sell it, it had to be mixed.....I found this odd as I have found the colours online!

Oh well, hopefully by Sunday everything will be primed!

Photos to come as soon as the painting begins!

I was thinking of just ordering off the net, but I decided to call another place, albeit way farther from my apartment and they have the GTW blue, so I'm going to pick that up today!

Russ Bellinis

I suspect that the situation with Floquil is that the colors you wanted were between batches. It isn't that they don't sell it and it has to be mixed, rather it is that they were out of stock at the floquil plant and would not have it until they mixed another batch. I suspect that they rotate what colors they mix the same as manufacturers like Athearn rotate what model kits they manufacture.

Well whatever happened, I got the paint now, both the GTW Orange and Blue, plus primer so I'm good to paint......3days left until painting commences!

Alright, so far I have the shell taken off, and cleaned, unfortunately I forgot tools I need so I couldn't actually start anything else today, but here is what it looks like so far lol.

Attachments

• SD75I 001.jpg
    SD75I 001.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 8
  • SD75I 002.jpg
    SD75I 002.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 6
  • SD75I 003.jpg
    SD75I 003.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 6

CRed

Paint it already:)!The anticipation is killing me,I can't wait to see a SD75I in GTW/DWP colors.

Chris

Paint it already:)!The anticipation is killing me,I can't wait to see a SD75I in GTW/DWP colors.

Chris

lol I'm trying, I have everything at my parent's place and I only go there about once a week, apartments aren't too compressor friendly.

Hopefully it will be primed by new years lol!

Thank you for the compliment Zachary!