Grumman Goose Beta Build

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by jagolden, Jun 23, 2008.

1. jagolden

jagolden Guest

I'm working on a beta build of the forthcoming Fiddler's Green Grumman Goose aircraft.
    The model comes in several liveries-both military and commercial.
    The scale of the model I am building is 1:32, scaled up from 1:40.
    Part fit so far is quite good. I usually have difficulties with engines mounted to wings, but am pleased with the results so far.

Fiddler's and the designer have certainly captured the unique shape of this aircraft in what seems to be a fairly straight-forward build.

http://www.fiddlersgreen.net/AC/aircraft/Grumman-Goose/grumman-goose.php

I'll post more pics as I go along. When I'm finished I'll post the usual long build review on my web site.

Attached Files:

2. JLKasper

JLKasper New Member

Pre-WWII Navy color scheme (and some nice civvy versions hopefully), an amphibian, a simple yet beautiful Fiddlers Green design... What's there not to like? Is Chip going to do a Coast guard version?
  3. jagolden

jagolden Guest

I don't see one in the folders of this plane.
    There will be the usual plain BW version for those that want to recolor to whatever they want though.

Keep an eye out for this one on Fiddler's site. Some thoughts from Chip today could make this model really sweet and a big draw to introduce new folks to the hobby.

I just finished the other engine today, I've been hung up on other work.
    Tomorrow I'll be starting on the fudialge/hull.
  4. jagolden

jagolden Guest

Little More Work

I've been working steadily, but in small bits.
    Finished the wings and tail. I've formed most of the fusilage/hull but the front did not come out well. I'll cut out the piece and try a fresh approach.

Attached Files:

5. LAZGEORG

LAZGEORG New Member

This kit is free again for a limited time!I intend to built it but i have no expierence in airplane yet.Does anyone knows where i can find a building report of this ?
  6. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Thanks for thee heads up. This is one of the few models I like from there. I've always wanted to see a higher quality but this is really nice. I think it's a good model for you. Just build it, usually the instructions from F.G. are clear enough and if you have any problems, just post build pics here. Start a build thread. We'll help you through.
  7. LAZGEORG

LAZGEORG New Member

Thank you.i was a bit in hurry since i build <cutter's goose> version.This goes quite well (not flawless!!) What i don't actually like is the lack of <life -like> feel.Although it seems it is not well search i didn't made any changes building this as a test build.I will post photos af my progress so far later today.
  8. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Don't post pictures here. Start a new thread in the Aviation section. O.K.? If you don't know how to do it I'll do it for you. You just go to the Aviation section and click on "New Thread" on the upper left hand corner. :)