Growing the Hobby - A Good News Video

TR-Flyer

Nov 24, 2001
SC
Visit site
Hi All:
This video was posted on another website and my search of this site hasn't turned it up so thought i'd share it with y'all.

http://www.lionel.com/commercial/lionel_commercial.html

Also, one of our local stations did their own version of this report over the holidays so now i've seen this positive report in two places. With Lionel now making more starter sets in O and S gauge equipment, and the continued popularity of HO, N and G, it seems to me that a corner may be turned. "Starter sets" turned up in many stores this past Christmas, our local Ekards had one listed in their ads, and they all dissapeared by the end of the "75% off" sales. Now, we just need to keep up our efforts to share our hobby with others, especially kids, so they will see for themselves how much fun it can be to be president of your own railroad.

Regard'S',
Ted

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Now, we just need to keep up our efforts to share our hobby with others, especially kids, so they will see for themselves how much fun it can be to be president of your own railroad

I couldn't agree more! I have been thinking watching my grandkids and sons and son in laws around my train that Thomas the Train is going to do more to save the hobby than any ad campaign:thumb: ! Add to that the several grandpas I know who had not thought about Lionel trains in a long time who saw them in Target and got them for thier grandkids (yea rightsign1 ) for Christmas.

Thanks for posting that.

Rick

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
I'm trying really hard to keep my daughter interested in the trains. I need to find a spot to get her HO stuff set up. Maybe if my wife and I get a new bed like we've been planing, she will get our old one and I can do an "under the bed" layout for her.