Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Ralph, Jul 30, 2006.
I've recently added some weeds made of twine to various places on my layout. The cement plant...
By the switch tower...
...and along the industrial area...
Nice weeds I like Vandelay ind. too Too Funny!!!!
Ralph, WOW!, that twine really turned out GREAT!:thumb: after seeing that, woodland scenics is going to loose me as a customer for their weeds. THANKS! Ralph -Deano
Nice weeds! I like to use the little craft "corn" brooms. How do you get the twist out of the twine? Or is it just not noticable?
Good idea! As for the twist in the twine...I did run across that problem a little. Manually untwisting a few times and cutting the twine as short as I could helped.
Cool Ralph. Looks Great.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Looks great Ralph.
But where's Dr. Norstrom's office?
Gee..All of a sudden I feel like a Drake's coffee cake...You know the large size?
I've gotta a box of them..........
They're too sweet and they crumble when you eat them. Snapple?
Looking good, Ralph!:thumb: :thumb:
I never even thought of using twine for weeds. Sounds easy and cheap.
Off to the garage!!
I was just thinking about using twine for weeds!!! I'm thinking the twist could be taken out bi wetting the untwined strands and hanging them to dry with some weight at the end. Will have to mess with this over the weekend. How did you fix them to the layout?
Make that "BY"
That might work Gus. Let us know. To plant weeds I cut about a half inch piece of twine, unravel it and seperate the piece into three clumps of strands. They seem to naturally part that way and are about as thick as I'd want. I poke a hole in my scenary base with a small awl, lay the weeds across the hole, and then use the tool to poke the weeds in the middle, pushing them into the hole. As the twine sinks into the hole the fibers pop up looking like plant life. If they seem too long I trim them with a small pair of scissors. I didn't put a drop of glue in the holes but one could if they wanted to. My homasote base seems to keep the weeds in securly w/o it.
I did the wet twine trick & it straightened out perfectly. I haven't had a chance to "plant" them yet, but I'll get to work tomorrow, see how they turn out.
Great! Thanks for the experiment!