Groupe Buys.

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
COMBAT said:

Awwww,that's too bad because I might get one then.I already have one big UP engine and that's enough for me unless I get a Proto 2000 GP-60.I need something in BNSF though I think.

Still,this is a good deal!Almost as good as the BN SD70 deal.

Chris

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
The cheapest online price I could find where they're supposedly in stock is $102 so yeah this is a decent deal.

Chris

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
rogerw said:
pictures of the sd38-2 dont match up with wikapedia for what its worth
rogerw:wave:, I have one of these(mine has dynamic brakes), and the Kato UP version IS CORRECT:thumb:. honestly, UP NEVER bought SD38-2's new:eek:, they were all acquired from the CNW merger;).

2 things you gotta keep in mind when comparing models to prototypes:

1- through time, engines go through changes to suit the needs the road that owns them is using them for. an engine could start out as a long haul freighter, then later in time be moved to locals, and perhaps in the later years, be used in the yard;). through time, there would have been changes made to suit the different needs;).

2- Engines are made slightly different FROM THE FACTORY to the specs of different roads;). heres a great example of this: go to a website, like Walther's for example, now look up "undecorated engines", notice the undecorated models will say: "UP STYLE", OR "CSX STYLE", etc. just goes to show you just because its a SD38-2 for example, don't mean they all look exactly the same;). HOPE THAT HELPED:thumb: :D -Deano

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
COMBAT said:
HO is :thumb:
Kato is :thumb:
SD 38-2 is :thumb:

Good Job!

Did you cheat? :)

Nope,I just know because the DM&IR still has a sizable fleet of them:thumb:.

Coincidently,Kato makes a nice DM&IR SD38-2 model.The color is off a bit if you ask me,but I wouldn't mind one of those.

Chris