Ground Throws

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
Just perusing the spring savings catalogue from Walthers (just got it today in an order I received), and they're having a sale on Caboose Industries' operating sprung ground throws. Which I think would look pretty neat in some places.

But I don't know whether I need .190" or .165" travel ????? I'm using Peco insulfrog switches...................

C

Catt

Just out of curiousity ,why would you use Caboose ground throws with Peco turnouts?

You do know that you have to modify the Pecos don't you?

You have to remove the centering spring,or at least weaken it.

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
Nope, I didn't know. Never mind, then. Does Peco make ground throws then, or whose would be easiest adapted to Pecos if I don't wanna buy motors for all of 'em.

Maybe I should take the Pecos out of their cute little boxes and check them out.

C

Catt

Unless they are going to be out of reach just a flick of the finger will switch them from one setting to the other.There are no switch machines or ground throws required.:D

alkcnw

Apr 10, 2002
camp douglas Wis.
Visit site
I don't know, the ground throws may not be needed but they sure make it more realistic looking. I'm planing to use them on mine needed or not. I like the Caboose Hobbies ones with the target plates on them, you can tell which way your switch is directing by just a glance!:eek: