GreMir Models Yokosuka D4Y1 Suisei (Judy) - beta build

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by shoki2000, May 7, 2007.

1. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

While waiting for the gallery to come back on-line I decided to host progress photos outside...
    Here is the "business end" of the Judy - bomb rack used to swing the bomb out from the bomb bay and the bomb itself

[​IMG]

Bomb installed in the bomb bay. Interesting feature of the Judy was that the bomb bay doors were sliding into the bay and not opening outward as in other planes.

[​IMG]

Now the tail.
    As you can see model has movable control surfaces. The connection between stabilizers and fuselage isn't seamless but is probably my fault - fuselage segment got a little crumpled due to the fact that openings for the stabs are very close together weakening the area. Word of advice for future builders - laminate the are with an extra layer of card to reinforce the segment.

[​IMG]

And the status of the build as of today - finally looking like a plane :rolleyes:

[​IMG]
  2. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Canopy in place.
    I did it the old fashioned way and the windscreen was a pain to form...
    This is a good candidate for the vacuform...
    I didn't like the gun in the kit (already asked Andrew to change it) but to avoid waiting for the replacement I used the machinegun from Val published by Gomix so no photo here.

Gallery still not functioning....

[​IMG]
  3. jbloom

jbloom New Member

So when will this model be availble? I have been awaiting this one for 10 years as I tried to get a Polish designer interested! Joseph
  4. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Model will be available as soon as build is completed and all issues, however small, are fixed.
    There are no fit problems so far and I do not expect to encounter any during the wing assembly but cockpit interrior requires some touch-ups concerning what goes where and the machinegun needs to be replaced.
  5. YuG

YuG Member

Domo Arigato! your presentation
    I can't wait Judy's release.
    P-Model seems to have no intention to publish Judy. This is delightful news.
    After I bought I will show it off to my Japanese fellow modellers:mrgreen:
  6. RTomedi

RTomedi Member

Incredible finishing on details. I just can´t wait for more pictures. :thumb:

Hugs.
  7. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Good to see another airplane build back on line with pics! Looking great, as alsways Michael.

Rick
  8. alaimo@jcu.edu

alaimo@jcu.edu I need a Pin up girl. . .