Greetings

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Hi Everyone,

Been in the hobby for about 2-3 years. Nothing to serious yet, just some simple projects. Hope to build on my skills to work my way up to building some of uhu02 models and others. Here are posts of some of the models I've made and some unfinshed ones:

https://www.instagram.com/otherwld/

Welcome to Zealot! We all started with simple and have progressed on wards and up wards. You certainly have come to the right place. The people here are pretty nice as well as knowledgeable on a plurality of topics. Looking forward to seeing some of your work. BTW your handle otherwld wouldn't happen to be a reference to the old tv show back in the 80's?

Just wondering.

Sky Seeker
:tank:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome from me as well! :)

Please post some pictures in your intro thread, that makes it easier for the members to appreciate them. ;)

Take a look around, make yourself comfortable and have fun and enjoy! :)

RF

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to Zealot. You have come to the right place to build and hone your skills. The members here are very helpful.
So, if you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice. Please feel free to ask and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

By all means, please post photos of your work so that others can see what you do easier. You can post photos directly from your computer to the thread without the need of a photo hosting site.

When you start a new project, please post a build thread. Build threads are a great way of show off your work and skills. Not only that, but if you run into an issue with a model you can highlight the area that you are having problems with and we can offer you some suggestions on how to deal with them.

Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself here. I look forward to seeing your work.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to Zealot. If you post your pictures to the forum (occasionally we need to increase memory) but the uploading of pictures is generous and free, you will get more views, and more members will see your work readily. Welcome, and hope to see more of your work. It's a fun hobby, and a good way to keep your hands from being idle. :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Plastic modeling is a different form of modeling, but it is modeling, and we are not "paper purists" here. Some sites are, but not Zealot. Not all people can pull it off as nicely either. ;)

otherwld

Welcome to Zealot! We all started with simple and have progressed on wards and up wards. You certainly have come to the right place. The people here are pretty nice as well as knowledgeable on a plurality of topics. Looking forward to seeing some of your work. BTW your handle otherwld wouldn't happen to be a reference to the old tv show back in the 80's?

Just wondering.

Sky Seeker

Thanks you, It's more of a reference to King Arthur lore

otherwld

You have some impressive models there in your gallery.
But I had to look thrice at the first pictures. I thought for a moment you were an alien genius because for a moment I mistook the nendoroid pvc figurines with papercraft. But a moment later I saw the papercraft models and I regret to say that you are just a talented human.
Still, prove me wrong.
Btw, absolute beginner here. Only two months papertinkering.

Well Thank You, I think :). I should have clarified that mixed in with the papercraft pictures are some of my other hobbies.

otherwld

Hello and welcome to Zealot. You have come to the right place to build and hone your skills. The members here are very helpful.
So, if you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice. Please feel free to ask and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

By all means, please post photos of your work so that others can see what you do easier. You can post photos directly from your computer to the thread without the need of a photo hosting site.

When you start a new project, please post a build thread. Build threads are a great way of show off your work and skills. Not only that, but if you run into an issue with a model you can highlight the area that you are having problems with and we can offer you some suggestions on how to deal with them.

Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself here. I look forward to seeing your work.

Thank you for the welcome

otherwld

Welcome from me as well! :)

Please post some pictures in your intro thread, that makes it easier for the members to appreciate them. ;)

Take a look around, make yourself comfortable and have fun and enjoy! :)

RF

Thank You for the welcome, will post some pictures into this thread

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
I knew they were plastic when I first looked at them, but boy, they sure were put together well. Please feel free to post any papercraft you have ever made. We would like to see it. I've given all of mine away, otherwise I'd have no moving room. So I can understand that problems sometimes arise with that request. I think that if anyone could make such compound curves in paper, they would be questioned to death. It is possible, but you would have to make molds, and use paper pulp mix. Tons of work. :)

otherwld

Welcome to Zealot. If you post your pictures to the forum (occasionally we need to increase memory) but the uploading of pictures is generous and free, you will get more views, and more members will see your work readily. Welcome, and hope to see more of your work. It's a fun hobby, and a good way to keep your hands from being idle. :)

Thank you for the welcome, I will post some of my photos in this thread.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I see that you made the SA-43 Hammerhead that @Jaybats (who is a member here) designed. It looks really good. Do you have a build thread of that model by chance? I would like to see it.

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Hi Everyone,

Been in the hobby for about 2-3 years. Nothing to serious yet, just some simple projects. Hope to build on my skills to work my way up to building some of uhu02 models and others. Here are posts of some of the models I've made and some unfinished ones: (other hobby photos are mixed in with the papercraft models in my instagram)

https://www.instagram.com/otherwld/

View attachment 160551 View attachment 160552 View attachment 160553 View attachment 160533 View attachment 160534 View attachment 160535 View attachment 160536 View attachment 160537 View attachment 160538 View attachment 160539 View attachment 160540 View attachment 160541 View attachment 160542 View attachment 160543 View attachment 160544 View attachment 160545 View attachment 160546 View attachment 160547 View attachment 160548 View attachment 160549 View attachment 160550

Your miniatures are quite good. :King: I concur with Rhaven regarding the Hammerhead.:iagree: Build thread perhaps?

Sky Seeker