Greetings

Jerome Morris

I've been a member for a while and am now getting around to introduce myself.
I made to jump to a professional model builder/conservator about 14 years ago. I found paying work at a Marine Art gallery and was hired as the in house model guy.
I've repaired and built many ship models since then of all shapes and sizes. Paper, plastic and wooden models of sailing ships and yachts to modern cargo ships.
My previous fun was sailing on oil tankers for mobil oil corp back in the 1980's, to real wooden boatbuilding and then to the design offices of Cigarette Racing Team, Miami,FL and Broward Marine, Ft Lauderdale and a little stint with the design of a coastal patrol boat being built in Savannah, GA.
Now it's just small boats. which is fine by me. I look forward to time in the shop everyday!

Z

Zathros

:welcome1: to the forum!! We am very anxious to see your work. I have already, it's magnificent. We wait anxiously!! :thumb:

Z

Zathros

Jerome, you are too modest. So I hope you don't mind if I take the liberty of showing off your work. Maybe you can give some history and stories behind it, and put a link to your site in your signature. Having a designer of REAL craft, and of your pedigree is something I wish people to be aware of. There are many people who would be interested in what you have to say. :)

superstructure.jpg

MARTIN130.jpg

estocin1.jpg

estocin7.jpg

estocin3.jpg

estocinstbd.jpg

estocin2.jpg

thomaspointlight.jpg

Jerome Morris

Thank you Zanthros, Posting my pictures is just fine. A few words about them starting at the top. Structure of the FFG-15 USS Estocin. the structure was a kit from Homeport Models. The hull came from Warship hulls unlimited. Fiberglass.
This was a very large 55" kit that was a commission. A static display model.
The Pan Am clipper was titled "welcome to Wake Is." A scene from way back involving the spanning of the Pacific by air travel.
The clipper is a mini craft plastic kit, water was epoxy and the peoploe were model railroad folks.
The light house who's name escapes me at the moment was also a kit. which I think is now out of production. Built for a gentleman whom had sailed by it may times.
More to follow.

Jerome Morris

Here is the latest repairs from the shop.
First one I finished up today, a 4 masted barque with the name Helen. No particular ship but nice none the less. The tug Mabel looks to be coming up to help the crew swing the port anchor around so that it may be stowed correctly, hense the coiled lines on the fore deck.
As you can see this display had been crushed from above. the case corner of Oak was actually snapped in two. Broken glass everywhere. a big big mess.
A nice puzzle of sorts to put back into ship shape.

Attachments

• CIMG2816.jpg
    CIMG2816.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 8
  • CIMG2820.jpg
    CIMG2820.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 9
  • CIMG2821.jpg
    CIMG2821.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Before 1.jpg
    Before 1.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 10
  • CIMG1293.jpg
    CIMG1293.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 9

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to the forum.
You do phenomenal work. Your models are OUTSTANDING!!!
I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Z

Zathros

I sincerely think I would have cried if I had that model of that Bark, and it sustained that kind of damage! I would sincerely consider putting a layer of Lexan under the sheets of glass to protect such an accident in the future. Fantastic workmanship!! Looking forward to seeing anything you have to post upon your return. :)