Greetings from Virginia!

Melissa19102

Hi, Zealots! :inmew:

Love this forum! I am a laid back hobbyist. I like origami, sewing, paper crafts, knitting, crocheting and the like. Love reading science fiction, watching The Simpsons, South Park, Family Guy and anything Star Trek. Uh-oh...I think my geek might be showing! :wave:

The more heavy duty hobbyist in our house is my 12 year old son. He has an unbelievable memory for origami crafts. He makes many original creations. A few years ago he decided to make a 3-D paper craft of his father's logo from work. So, he sat at his computer for about 20 minutes, using just the drawing tools from MS Word, and created a pattern for the logo. He printed it on card stock, cut it out with an Exacto knife, and assembled it. I still don't know how he did it, but it was perfect! One of my hubby's favorite presents ever.

So, I suppose I am really just the conduit for my son to the forum. I can't let him join on his own, but I am sure that he would be thrilled to share some of his work. His interests and crafts closely mirror mine...he is just better at all of them.

Looking forward to "meeting" all of you!

Sincerely,

Melissa

silveroxide

Welcome aboard. If you like sci-fi stuff then this site is heavy in that department followed by aviation. It is remarkable as to what can be done with paper "Paper is not just for writing anymore". As soon as you find your niche, hope to see some of your and sons handi-work. Enjoy and see you around the forums.