Greetings from the land of the ice and snow

gwc

Feb 2, 2015
Hello All

From the land of ice and snow, Ontario, Canada. I hear spring and summer are close by.

I joined a few weeks ago and have been reading over the threads with great interest. I've just started into the paper world after doing some modifications on a plastic model using cardboard. The challenge of paper/cardboard was interesting so...another challenge and chapter into building. I'll not post much but read I will do. If I have a question regarding a build or such I will reach out to the knowledge base for assistance. Looking forward to an interesting hobby.

Gary

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Hello Gary,

Welcome to Zealot.
I too find paper model building more challenging as well (and therefore far more rewarding).
If I may ask, what genre are you interested in? Is there anything in particular that you are looking for?

If I may, I would like to encourage you to post all that you have to offer (WE LOVE SEEING PHOTOS!).

By all means, please ask all of the questions you have. We will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself here. I look forward to seeing your work!

gwc

Feb 2, 2015
Thank you RB. I am focused on military vehicles, being one who was in the armour corps it stayed in my blood. The other genre is sci-fi and specific kits I have my aspirations set on.

I am currently building two models to learn the techniques, then I'll build them again only to improve on those mistakes. That is the joy of paper modelling, cost is low. One kit is the V2 by R. Currell(?), and the other is a MRAP vehicle. I've contacted the later author as I wanted to modify the kit, permission granted.

I'll upload a photo with kudos to the originator. I suspect that any upload will not happen for awhile. As with all work and time.

Cheers

Netizenzero

Mar 19, 2010
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Just wanted to offer my welcome to a fellow Canadian! I too got into paper modeling for the challenge, and when I found this forum, it was like the sky opened. You will find a wealth of knowledge already posted, and everyone here is always eager to help where questions are asked.

Have fun!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Welcome to Zealot our Northern brother! :)