Greetings from Nebraska USA!

Sudsy

I'm new here drawn in by the awesome card/paper stock models I've found here. I'm a shoe string budget gamer (father of four boys, three old enough to join me on the table top gaming...), so paper is a great alternative to the amount of money I'd spend at the model store.

I am a mechanical design draftsman by trade. I intend to eventually create and post here when I translate that skill set from work into hobby (i.e. instead of steel and sheet metal parts, paper and plastic scale models).

I look forward to learning from the folks here, and using what you all have created!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to Zealot. You will find this forum friendly and open to new members. If you need help on anything, or looking for certain type models. Happy to have you on board!! :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to Zealot!

You have come to the right place for all things paper (and other mediums). Is there a particular genre that you are interested in?
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice, please feel free to ask, and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right directions).

When you build a model, I would suggest posting a build thread. Build threads are a great way to show off your skills and talents as well as highlighting certain problem areas that you may need help with or have found a particular solution for.

Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself here and I look forward to seeing your work!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome from me as well! :)

Great that you have decided to join us. Your background sounds very interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing which projects you will tackle. We have a section for plastic models and mixed media, so there is a place for everything. :)

Have fun and enjoy! :)

RF

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Welcome aboard, glad to see a nice concise, introduction, good luck.

Sudsy

Hello and welcome to Zealot!

You have come to the right place for all things paper (and other mediums). Is there a particular genre that you are interested in?

I consider myself a general hobbist, so I use any medium possible. Card modeling has interested me for some time though, starting from childhood "it is all I have" (typically followed by annoyed parents wondering where all tape and glue disappeared to...) and continuing on through adult life because we all have boxes floating around. I really enjoy seeing how others have used card stock and combined it with plastic, metal, and other found objects to create terrain and vehicles.

Now, if I could just remember to take photos of my builds... I will certainly start a build thread here soon!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
This forum welcome multi media models. While "paper purist" are welcome, you will find models here made of any and everything. :)

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Howdy... had to throw in at least one Howdy seeing as you call Nebraska Home!! and Welcome to Zealot!! Sound's like you have all the skill-set to move right into some designing as there is virtually NO difference between flattening a model for a sheet metal pattern and that made of cardstock... there are some great programs out there to flatten sheet metal and some decent ones for cardstock. We have some of the best people on the WEB who are always ready to lend a hand if needed, so feel free to ask questions anytime!
Have fun and would love to see anything you have as this is a good place to introduce a bit of your work. Yes!... use the threads and startup build threads for new work with pictures... we LOVE Pix!

Like I have been known to say " I'll recycle anything to get the parts for a model"! or words to that effect...
I hear ya, on the strapped for cash... and buying stuff online for modeling has turned into a rich man's hobby!
We are from similar backgrounds as I was a civil engineering draftsman for some years and taught Architectural Drafting at NMSUniversity. Been retired for a while now, so strapped for cash is a way of life now!

Again, Welcome to Zealot!